Altec’s iMV712 video, M812 wireless, and iM600 radio speakers debut
Corresponding with the start of the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Altec Lansing has announced three new iPod-ready speaker systems: the iMV712 video speaker dock, the M812 wireless home system, and the iM600 portable audio system with FM radio. Release dates have not been announced as of press time.
• iMV712 - Following the lead of companies such as Sonic Impact, Altec’s iMV712 ($350) combines a 8.5” “high-resolution” LCD panel with 3” neodymium speakers, an integrated 4” subwoofer, and an iPod dock to deliver a better-than-iPod-quality audio/video experience. With a wireless remote control, the iMV712 can be controlled from a distance, enabling you to watch iPod video content from near or afar, while the speakers are designed to deliver audio quality superior to competing video docks. The trade-off? Portability; iMV712 is designed to be used in one place.
• M812 - As the latest in several similar, competing accessories, the M812 ($400) wireless home system uses 2.4 GHz wireless technology to transmit a docked iPod’s “brilliant sound” up to 100 feet away through twin 3.5” woofers and 1” tweeters, which can be placed in your choice of additional locations. A “full-featured learning remote” provides access to the system’s iPod dock, FM radio, and auxiliary input features, interestingly simply by being pointed at the speakers, wherever they may be. A wall mounting kit is included for the speakers, and up to three additional wireless speaker sets can be added to the system.
• iM600 - With styling extremely similar to the company’s smaller, iPod nano-specific iM500 speakers, iM600 ($150) has room for a full-fledged iPod dock on its front bottom, plus an integrated, stylish digital FM radio tuner on its front top. The new model preserves iM500’s flip open/flip closed mechanism for convenient storage and carrying, and now includes a wireless remote control with iPod, system, and FM radio buttons, plus a Sound Field Expander button to create artificial spacialization. A rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery can be used for power on the go, or the included AC power supply can provide power when you’re near an outlet indoors. Auxiliary input, subwoofer output, composite video output and mini USB ports are included, too.
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Parrot announces 13 new Minidrones
- Apple issues recall of Beats Pill XL speaker
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?