Amazon offers discounted 3G, 4G iPods | iLounge News

Amazon offers discounted 3G, 4G iPods

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Tuesday, August 3, 2004
News Categories: Deals

Looking for a fourth-generation iPod at a discount? Amazon.com is selling new-in-box units at the following shipped prices, with no sales tax outside of Washington State:

Fourth-Generation 20GB iPod: $284.04
Fourth-Generation 40GB iPod: $379.04

These are great prices; just be aware that iLounge remains cautious in recommending fourth-generation iPod purchases until Apple resolves the audio interference issues we previously identified.

« Mad Catz announce new iPod accessories

iPodResQ announces support for 4G iPod »

Comments

The whole promotion is dead.  Everything is back to their normal prices now.

Posted by Straphanger in New York City on August 4, 2004 at 4:42 AM (PDT)

How will we know when it’s safe to buy a 4G iPod?

Posted by Henry Casey on August 4, 2004 at 6:09 AM (PDT)

Well, that was a fast sale.  All iPods are back to their normal prices.

iPod 4G 20GB $299
iPod 4G 40GB $399
iPod Mini 4GB $249

=(

Posted by bikepodmini on August 4, 2004 at 7:26 AM (PDT)

I have had 3 4G ipods (exchanged for cosmetic reasons) none of them had the audio issues (all 40GB models)

I have a couple friends with 4Gs as well, no issues. We all had tried the apple lossless test (since we all have some tracks encoded that way)

that is 5/5 with no issue. Of course this isn’t scientific either.

Posted by The Dude. on August 4, 2004 at 7:26 AM (PDT)

I have the problem with my 4G 40GB. I can hear it quite noticibly when using iTrip, but cannot through my apple supplied headphones. I have no other earphones to test, but I was told by Apple that it is a problem with the iTrip. I’ve now been through 3 iTrips, all exhibit this problem. Apple will not return or replace the iPod. I am a PC user who WAS thinking of switching. I am very dissapointed by thier lack of quality cutsomer service, and the iPod i am stuck with will be the last Apple product I purchase.

Posted by Essdee on August 4, 2004 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

I also have a G4 PowerMac and have had no problems.

Posted by The Dude on August 4, 2004 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

sale is back on. same prices i think.

Posted by jon on August 6, 2004 at 7:00 AM (PDT)

hey..  should i get a 3g 30 gig refurb from apple with case and dock for 279 .. or a 4g 20 gig brand new from amazon ( and then add some cash for a case)??

this will be my first mp3 player *blush*

does the 3g have ‘shuffle’??

Posted by interested on August 9, 2004 at 3:31 AM (PDT)

Get the 4G - 20GB, newer is always nicer, and the chances of you requiring more than 20GB is slim.  I have a 40GB 3G and I havent filled it up yet after a year of MP3 collecting.  (Imagine if I used the recommended AAC’s)

Posted by Vince on September 28, 2004 at 9:10 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2