Ambur delivers fully iOS-based restaurant management app
Refulgent Software has released a restaurant management solution built entirely on the iOS platform. Designed by developers with real-world restaurant management experience, Ambur provides an end-to-end point-of-sale (POS) system that allows hospitality staff to efficiently take and submit orders, print kitchen slips and customer receipts and process payments—all using an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Unlike traditional point-of-sale systems, however, Ambur does not require a traditional computer on the back-end; the app is installed on an iPad that acts as the “hub” for the system, connecting and syncing data wirelessly in real-time with other iOS devices being used by front-line staff. Ambur can be loaded up by any iOS device running on the same Wi-Fi network as the iPad, with each user receiving an individual username and password. The app can also print wirelessly to Wi-Fi connected receipt printers.
Using Ambur, waiters can take orders directly on a device such as an iPod touch using an easily viewed single-screen layout that manages items, guests, discounts, gratuities, and merged or split orders, allowing customer requests to be easily fulfilled right at the table by the server. Completed orders can be sent directly to a kitchen printer for preparation and a final check can be printed directly from the app. Ambur also allows payment to be processed within the app, including the ability to automatically open cash drawers for cash payments and optionally integrating with a credit card terminal for processing payments right at the table. Customer reservations can be managed and tracked from the app, which also produces detailed reports for analyzing customer trends. Ambur is available from the App Store as a free download in trial form that allows users to access all of the app’s features except for customizing menu items. A full license sells for a one-time in-app purchase of $999.00 for an unlimited number of iOS devices; there are no additional monthly charges or support fees, and the company promises all future upgrades will be delivered free via the App Store.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?