AmpKit adds Retina DIsplay support, Trace Elliot amp system
Agile Partners has updated its AmpKit guitar effects and recording app for iOS adding Retina Display support for the new iPad along with an expanded array of gear available for purchase in the in-app Gear Store. With AmpKit 1.3, bass players can now purchase a full-featured bass amp and cabinet modeled after the Trace Elliot 1215 combo that includes features from the real Trace Elliot amps such as switchable valve (tube) drive and signature Pre Shape circuits. The AmpKit model also includes the Trace Elliot 12-band graphic equalizer tuned for bass frequencies, an optimized dual-band compressor and a convolution-based simulation of the 1x15 cabinet.
Additional new gear available in the latest version includes the Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion pedal for hardcore heavy metal distortion with mid-frequency controls for adjusting between the classic scooped heavy metal sound or modern rock tone; and the Rocktron HUSH Noise Reduction circuit to wipe out hiss and pickup buzz, delivering 65dB of signal cleanup while maintaining the integrity of the music signal. AmpKit 1.3 also introduces extended support for digital guitar interfaces, updated headset input compensation for the third-generation iPad and iPhone 4S and the ability to save setups for all channels on multi-channel amps. AmpKit is available from the App Store in two versions: AmpKit (Free) includes the Peavey ValveKing amp with two cabinets, two pedals and two mics; AmpKit+ ($10) adds three additional amps and eight additional pedals. Additional gear such as the Trace Elliot 1215 is available via in-app purchase.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?