Analyst says iPods very popular with teens | iLounge News

Analyst says iPods very popular with teens

MacMinute reports “Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster said today that based on a survey of 600 teenagers, Apple’s iPod is dominating “mindshare and market share.” Munster said in a research note that of all the high school students surveyed, 16 percent currently own an iPod and 24 percent plan to buy an iPod within the next year. Munster also noted that the iPod ranked fourth on the teens’ holiday wish list—behind clothes, money, and a car—even though the iPod was not an answer option and had to be written in as a response.”

« Poetstyle announces the Hepburn Bag for iPod

Mac: iPod It 2.4.1 released »

Comments

Well duh…...............

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 1:35 PM (CDT)

captain obvious is writing articles again, woot.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 1:41 PM (CDT)

Too bad you guys already posted… I was gonna say the same things but I don’t want to sound redundant… Well I’ll say it anyways! No s*it shirlock!!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 1:52 PM (CDT)

BAh you all beat me to it! I mean who would think teens like iPods

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 1:55 PM (CDT)

I though they where a bigger hit with senior citizens the teens?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 2:03 PM (CDT)

I love the fact that a company needed to pay an analyst hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars to do a study that i could have done.  Howcome I always get the short end of the stick?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 2:18 PM (CDT)

LET’S DO THE RIGHT THING HERE AS A GROUP.  NO ONE POST ANYMORE RESPONSES TO THIS SILLY ARTICLE THAT SO STATED THE OBVIOUS IT DOESN’T DESERVE ANY FURTHER CREDENCE.

READ THE ARTICLE, BUT DO NOT POST A RESPONSE.  THIS SITE DESERVES TO BE A SOURCE FOR MORE GROUNDBREAKING OR RELEVANT NEWS THAN ANYTHING IN THIS ARTICLE PRESENTS.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 2:19 PM (CDT)

this just in!

macminute reports bellbottoms are in! thats right so go put on a pair of your dads old pants

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 2:19 PM (CDT)

EXTRA! EXTRA!

PS2 Games Popular With People That Own PS2s!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 2:24 PM (CDT)

The results were published in “Duh” Magazine.

Oh man, everyone beat me to it! However, I couldn’t resist.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 3:47 PM (CDT)

Quote: “iPod ranked fourth on the teens’ holiday wish list—behind clothes, money, and a car—even though the iPod was not an answer option and had to be written in as a response.”

I thought that last part was pretty amazing. If someone is just filling out a survey and that wasn’t even a choice, but a write-in came in fourth behind those VERY popular choices, that’s cool. Maybe this just amazed me because I’m old.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 4:34 PM (CDT)

That’s really cool too, i think, the part about it having to be written in.

Go iPod!!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 4:57 PM (CDT)

HEY!!! what about the people that already have an iPod??

*runs*

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 6:11 PM (CDT)

In addition to WJ Kramer’s comment, I found that iPods were a big hit at bingo night.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 6:19 PM (CDT)

Hmmm…I’m a teen who lives inside his ipod mini. Does that make me obesessive?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 6:33 PM (CDT)

article wrtten by Jeve Stobs

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 6:38 PM (CDT)

As seen in Torbes magazine…

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 6:50 PM (CDT)

Ipods are also big hits among humans, as opposed to primates and / or human-cyborg hybrids.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 6:58 PM (CDT)

do you people really have nothing better to do than point out that this article states and obvious occurance? GET A LIFE!

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 8:50 PM (CDT)

Whered this analyst get his degree at? Fucking Obvious University?

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on October 6, 2004 at 8:51 PM (CDT)