Analyst says iPods very popular with teens | iLounge News

Analyst says iPods very popular with teens

MacMinute reports “Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster said today that based on a survey of 600 teenagers, Apple’s iPod is dominating “mindshare and market share.” Munster said in a research note that of all the high school students surveyed, 16 percent currently own an iPod and 24 percent plan to buy an iPod within the next year. Munster also noted that the iPod ranked fourth on the teens’ holiday wish list—behind clothes, money, and a car—even though the iPod was not an answer option and had to be written in as a response.”

« Poetstyle announces the Hepburn Bag for iPod

Mac: iPod It 2.4.1 released »

Comments

And in other news, researchers conclude that Starbucks is a popular choice when it comes to cofee..

Posted by Anthony on October 6, 2004 at 9:04 PM (CDT)

......So….Does the article mention which rock this person was living under? ¬¬

Posted by Fallen Angel on October 6, 2004 at 9:08 PM (CDT)

News Flash: Studies show that people who have internet in their house use the internet for more hours, on average, per day, than those that don’t have internet in their house.

-in the Boston Globe a few months ago.

Posted by h on October 6, 2004 at 9:21 PM (CDT)

microsoft windows popular amongst pc users

if they can post this news crap I can post this…......

Posted by news flash on October 6, 2004 at 11:10 PM (CDT)

this has the funniest comments than any other ipodlounge story i’ve read.  kudos!

Posted by haha on October 6, 2004 at 11:57 PM (CDT)

This was quite enjoyable…some playful banter once in a while is good I think…

I seriously think ipodlounge has a great user community…

Posted by veen on October 7, 2004 at 2:06 AM (CDT)

no doubt about that veen, I think this article was just trying to drum up some response… I wouldn’t try to make anything more out of it…

Posted by apple juice on October 7, 2004 at 6:46 AM (CDT)

Personally, I prefer a nice digital watch.

Posted by Mr. L. Prosser on October 7, 2004 at 6:58 AM (CDT)

A nice digital watch!
*wipes tears from eyes laughing so hard*

Posted by mongoos150 in Tucson, AZ on October 7, 2004 at 7:19 AM (CDT)

eheh those comments made my day!! that was hilarious!

Posted by Tchendoh on October 7, 2004 at 11:40 AM (CDT)

NEWSFLASH!!  Water is WET!

Posted by Timmmahh! on October 7, 2004 at 2:20 PM (CDT)

By the way, the headline was obvious but there’s more to it: the iPod ranked very high even when it was NOT a choice in the survey. It was NOT a survey about iPods.

That, I think, is the point of interest.

Of course it’s easier to criticize iPodLounge :)

Posted by Nagromme on October 7, 2004 at 2:57 PM (CDT)

“Ipods Very Popular Among Teens”
By the writer of: “Oxygen: We need it”

Posted by jbaker12 on October 7, 2004 at 9:18 PM (CDT)

I would love an iPOD, I would just love to see offical support for other music services, first, however. Also, I would like support for Helix, Janus, or Open MagicGate. My sister and me went to Fry’s today, and she was like “it’s easy to use”. My mouth dropped to the floor, cause my sister and tech (beyond basic web surfing, music listening, and her masters degree in Aol Instant Messaging) don’t really mix. I’m a ISP tech and would really rather have either a NW-HD1 or NW-HD2 device, by another 1 format music store company, except they actually created their format with a few license’s from Dolby Labs, that is.

I made this post purposely vague because this is an iPOD site, for iPOD lovers.

Posted by CS on October 8, 2004 at 2:52 AM (CDT)

perhaps the respondents of that survey are teen employees of apple computer Ipod department!Hey! apple you don’t have to promote a product which is already popular.

Posted by timethinker in philippines on October 8, 2004 at 4:31 AM (CDT)

wow 16 percent sounds high. I bet they’re lying, or took the survey in some posh suburban neighborhood

Posted by hamp on October 8, 2004 at 6:00 AM (CDT)

“ipodlounge popular with ipod users”

Posted by mvague on October 8, 2004 at 9:51 AM (CDT)

I always find these surveys funny. I mean sure the ipod is popular with teens in the ‘global north’ who happen to be part of the upper middle class and high class social sets. I just don’t think you can really determine what people are thinking when you only ask 600 people in one particular cross section of the greater community! Like those 600 people can speak for the 200 million + teens around the world when it comes to brand and product opinions.

When it comes to holiday wish lists, I think you will find most of the teenagers in the world would prefer clean water and electricity. The percentage of people in the world without clean water, electricity and access to health care is more than 3 times higher than those who have these things.

Just thought that would be an interesting, eye opening and dare I say it humbling thought for some of the readers here. I expect I’ll be getting some abusive comments from people now ;)

Posted by c'est moi on October 9, 2004 at 6:51 AM (CDT)

GROUNDBREAKING STUDY FINDS THAT DIGITAL MUSIC IS POPULAR WITH iPOD USERS!

NEW STUDY FINDS THAT THE “INTERNET” IS POPULAR WITH iPODLOUNGE READERS!

Posted by minty on October 9, 2004 at 7:20 PM (CDT)

hmmm… so teens like ipods do they?
i’m a teen,i like ipods!!!

em… em…

(runs away very fast)

Posted by my home is my house on October 10, 2004 at 12:04 PM (CDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >