Analysts expect high iPod sales in Q1
Several analysts are expecting staggering iPod sales in Apple’s first fiscal quarter, reports MarketWatch. This follows Apple’s earlier announcement that it sold 10.2 million iPods in the quarter ending September 29, a number that fell slightly short of the consensus estimate of 11 million units. “Typically, the September quarter is a back-to-school quarter driven by Macs, while the December quarter is a consumer quarter driven by iPods,” said Shaw Wu of American Technology Research. Wu estimates that Apple will sell 24 million iPods in the holiday quarter, a forecast that is close to the 25 million average estimate from analysts surveyed by Thompson Financial.
Another analyst, Ingrid Ebeling of JMP Securities, believes that the iPod touch is having a strong impact on iPod sales, and that Apple’s first quarter could account for as much as 45% of all iPod sales in 2007, with sales of 29 million iPods. “Going into the holiday season, the company commented that iPod sales rose dramatically following the release of the new iPods, and they continue to gain share in the MP3 market,” said Ebeling. Apple has said it expects to report first-quarter earnings of $1.42 a share on $9.2 billion in revenue, a forecast that means Apple will need to sell approximately 24 million iPods, says Keith Bachman of BMO Securities. Bachman said that his 24 million forecast “is a very achievable estimate.”
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 4 to developers, adds Apple Watch support
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.2, fixing missing ringtones issue
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards