App Mix: Adobe, Cyclopedia, Nike Football, TeeShotLive
Adobe has released Adobe LiveCycle Workspace Mobile, the company’s first application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application works with and requires the desktop version of Adobe LiveCycle Process Management ES2, allowing users to view, approve, and reject pending tasks directly from their devices. Other features include the ability to view PDF files attached to tasks, call or email task initiators directly from the app, and view shared task queues. Adobe LiveCycle Workspace Mobile for the iPhone and iPod touch is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Chemical Wedding has debuted Cyclopedia, its new application for the iPhone 3GS. Cyclopedia is an augmented reality application that uses the 3GS’ camera, compass, GPS, and data connection in concert to overlay geotagged information from Wikipedia over the viewfinder. Tapping on an entry title displays a brief overview, with the option to view the full article; other features include the ability to fine-tune searches based on distance and field-of-view. Cyclopedia is available now and is priced at $2.
Nike has introduced Nike Football+ presents: Master Control, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Master Control is a training app for football (soccer) players developed by FC Barcelona’s coaches. It features video training drills for skills such as first touch, directional control, and team movement, a challenge mode to benchmark progress, a global leaderboard, and tips from various players. Nike Football+ presents: Master Control is available as a free download from the App Store.
Electronic Arts has released version 2.0 of TeeShotLive, its golfing tool for the iPhone and iPod touch. TeeShotLive allows users to download course descriptions, use GPS to track shot distances, distance to the green, and view shots overlaid on Google Maps satellite imagery, keep score for up to four players per round, track strokes, putts, fairways, club usage, distances, and more, compare results, and share score cards via email and on the TeeShotLive website. TeeShotLive is available now and sells for $1.
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Apple Maps van spotted in greater NYC metro area
- Apple announces annual Back to School promotion, excludes iOS devices
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?