App Mix: Adobe, Cyclopedia, Nike Football, TeeShotLive
Adobe has released Adobe LiveCycle Workspace Mobile, the company’s first application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application works with and requires the desktop version of Adobe LiveCycle Process Management ES2, allowing users to view, approve, and reject pending tasks directly from their devices. Other features include the ability to view PDF files attached to tasks, call or email task initiators directly from the app, and view shared task queues. Adobe LiveCycle Workspace Mobile for the iPhone and iPod touch is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Chemical Wedding has debuted Cyclopedia, its new application for the iPhone 3GS. Cyclopedia is an augmented reality application that uses the 3GS’ camera, compass, GPS, and data connection in concert to overlay geotagged information from Wikipedia over the viewfinder. Tapping on an entry title displays a brief overview, with the option to view the full article; other features include the ability to fine-tune searches based on distance and field-of-view. Cyclopedia is available now and is priced at $2.
Nike has introduced Nike Football+ presents: Master Control, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Master Control is a training app for football (soccer) players developed by FC Barcelona’s coaches. It features video training drills for skills such as first touch, directional control, and team movement, a challenge mode to benchmark progress, a global leaderboard, and tips from various players. Nike Football+ presents: Master Control is available as a free download from the App Store.
Electronic Arts has released version 2.0 of TeeShotLive, its golfing tool for the iPhone and iPod touch. TeeShotLive allows users to download course descriptions, use GPS to track shot distances, distance to the green, and view shots overlaid on Google Maps satellite imagery, keep score for up to four players per round, track strokes, putts, fairways, club usage, distances, and more, compare results, and share score cards via email and on the TeeShotLive website. TeeShotLive is available now and sells for $1.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks