App Mix: Base Jumper, Flick NBA, Car Jack Streets, E*Trade
Vir2L Studios has released its new Vir2L Base Jumper game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Base Jumper puts players in control of a free flying character, who they must maneuver through three different levels, including the Alps, the canyon, and the city, using accelerometer-based controls. Users can collect rings to score points, and can also customize their jumper’s parachute, suit, helmet, and smoke color. Vir2L Base Jumper is available now from the App Store and sells for $2.
Freeverse has released Flick NBA Basketball, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Boasting one player from each NBA team, Flick NBA offers players five individual events—3-point shootout, hotshot arcade, long shot challenge, H.O.R.S.E., and a ball spin mini-game—along with touch-based controls, realistic 3D models, and a multiplayer mode. Flick NBA Basketball is available now and sells for $5.
Tag Games has released Car Jack Streets, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Previewed last December on iLounge and developed by members of the original Grand Theft Auto creative team, Car Jack Streets is a top-down-style game in which players must complete a number of missions, jobs, and assignments in order to pay down a massive gambling debt. It features a 3D city for players to explore, a variety of cars and weapons, online rankings, achievements and other hidden in-game extras, “real time” game play, and an in-game soundtrack that spans over 80 minutes. Car Jack Streets is available now and is priced at $5.
E*Trade has launched its new E*Trade Mobile Pro application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Mobile Pro allows account holders to view streaming real-time quotes with integrated charts, breaking news, and commentary, perform stock and options trades with market, limit and advanced orders, manage their account, synchronize their watch lists and portfolios with their online accounts, and perform cash transfers to and from any institution. E*Trade Mobile Pro is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards