App Mix: Base Jumper, Flick NBA, Car Jack Streets, E*Trade
Vir2L Studios has released its new Vir2L Base Jumper game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Base Jumper puts players in control of a free flying character, who they must maneuver through three different levels, including the Alps, the canyon, and the city, using accelerometer-based controls. Users can collect rings to score points, and can also customize their jumper’s parachute, suit, helmet, and smoke color. Vir2L Base Jumper is available now from the App Store and sells for $2.
Freeverse has released Flick NBA Basketball, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Boasting one player from each NBA team, Flick NBA offers players five individual events—3-point shootout, hotshot arcade, long shot challenge, H.O.R.S.E., and a ball spin mini-game—along with touch-based controls, realistic 3D models, and a multiplayer mode. Flick NBA Basketball is available now and sells for $5.
Tag Games has released Car Jack Streets, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Previewed last December on iLounge and developed by members of the original Grand Theft Auto creative team, Car Jack Streets is a top-down-style game in which players must complete a number of missions, jobs, and assignments in order to pay down a massive gambling debt. It features a 3D city for players to explore, a variety of cars and weapons, online rankings, achievements and other hidden in-game extras, “real time” game play, and an in-game soundtrack that spans over 80 minutes. Car Jack Streets is available now and is priced at $5.
E*Trade has launched its new E*Trade Mobile Pro application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Mobile Pro allows account holders to view streaming real-time quotes with integrated charts, breaking news, and commentary, perform stock and options trades with market, limit and advanced orders, manage their account, synchronize their watch lists and portfolios with their online accounts, and perform cash transfers to and from any institution. E*Trade Mobile Pro is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Asphalt 8: Airborne 1.8, Calcbot 2.0, Gmail 4.0, Real Steel Champions, SimCity BuildIt Tokyo Town
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?