App Mix: Billing, Hitchcock, qStatus, RaceBunny
Spartadata has released Billing: Credit Card Terminal, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Billing is a wireless point of sale terminal application, offering tax and tip inclusion, support for Authorize.net accounts, including built-in account setup, signature capture using the touchscreen, instant receipt dispatch via email, earnings and transaction statistics, secure HTTPS transactions, and more. Billing: Credit Card Terminal is available now from the App Store and sells for $20.
Cinemek has introduced Hitchcock, its first application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Hitchcock is a mobile storyboard and pre-visualization composer designed for use by directors, directors of photography, producers, writers, animators, and others who want to visualize a story. The app feature the ability to add and arrange images as panels, set durations for each in minutes, seconds, or frames, multi-touch gestures for markups such as dolly, track, zoom, and pan, the ability to add audio clips, notes, and scene descriptions to each panel, and more. Hitchcock is available now and sells for $20.
Gx5 has debuted qStatus, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on Efiko Software’s jailbroken Twitter app qTweeter, qStatus provides a simple, single-screen interface for updating to both Twitter and Facebook simultaneously, or to only one service. Other features include support for updates longer than 140 characters through a Tweet Long feature, support for TwitPic and TwitVid with an in-app camera button, the ability to update with your currently playing music, customizable backgrounds, and more. qStatus is available now and is priced at $1.
Berbie Software has released RaceBunny, its first application for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. RaceBunny is a GPS sport companion, designed to work with the company’s TrailRunner route planning and journaling application for Mac OS X. RaceBunny receives routes from TrailRunner to display on the iPhone’s map, with a carrot that moves along the trail at a pre-selected pace. The app can then record the user’s route, sending the information back to TrailRunner for analysis of distance, speed, and altitude. RaceBunny is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards