App Mix: Cellar, SurrounDead, Enviro-Bear, U.K. developer course
Airsource has launched Cellar, its new wine collection management app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cellar lets users track their current wine inventory and finished bottles—stored in the “Garage”—through a graphic interface that mimics the look of real cellar, with user-specified options to match the actual bottle as closely as possible, including the ability to add a custom photo of the label. The app also stores information about each bottle, including brand, region, vintage, grape, price, rating, and personal notes. Cellar is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Handheld Games has released SurrounDEAD, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In SurrounDEAD, players attempt to survive a zombie attack by shooting down as many as possible before their life runs out. The game features 360-degree play, with the players using either tilt controls, or—for the first time—the iPhone 3GS’ compass—to turn around and catch oncoming baddies. SurrounDEAD is available now and is priced at $1.
Justin Smith has introduced Enviro-Bear 2010, a whimsical new driving game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Players of Enviro-Bear take control of a roughly-drawn bear, who must use touch controls to interact with items, including food like fish and berries. Once sufficiently full, the player must drive into a cave to hibernate, while continuing to interact with the surroundings and avoiding other bear drivers. Enviro-Bear 2010 sells for $1 and is available now.
About Objects has announced a partnership with NTI Leeds to offer iPhone OS 3.0 developer training in the U.K. The first iPhone Development course is scheduled for July 20-22, and will be held at NTI Leeds headquarters in the Old Broadcasting House in the Civic Quarter in Leeds. A 3-day event, the course takes attendees from the fundamentals of Objective-C 2.0 through all the basics of developing apps using the iPhone SDK’s APIs, Xcode development environment, Interface Builder, and other tools. Registration is now open; the class fee is £995, or roughly $1620.
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Friends, Champ Man 15, Yelp 8.2 + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today