App Mix: Cellar, SurrounDead, Enviro-Bear, U.K. developer course
Airsource has launched Cellar, its new wine collection management app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cellar lets users track their current wine inventory and finished bottles—stored in the “Garage”—through a graphic interface that mimics the look of real cellar, with user-specified options to match the actual bottle as closely as possible, including the ability to add a custom photo of the label. The app also stores information about each bottle, including brand, region, vintage, grape, price, rating, and personal notes. Cellar is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Handheld Games has released SurrounDEAD, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In SurrounDEAD, players attempt to survive a zombie attack by shooting down as many as possible before their life runs out. The game features 360-degree play, with the players using either tilt controls, or—for the first time—the iPhone 3GS’ compass—to turn around and catch oncoming baddies. SurrounDEAD is available now and is priced at $1.
Justin Smith has introduced Enviro-Bear 2010, a whimsical new driving game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Players of Enviro-Bear take control of a roughly-drawn bear, who must use touch controls to interact with items, including food like fish and berries. Once sufficiently full, the player must drive into a cave to hibernate, while continuing to interact with the surroundings and avoiding other bear drivers. Enviro-Bear 2010 sells for $1 and is available now.
About Objects has announced a partnership with NTI Leeds to offer iPhone OS 3.0 developer training in the U.K. The first iPhone Development course is scheduled for July 20-22, and will be held at NTI Leeds headquarters in the Old Broadcasting House in the Civic Quarter in Leeds. A 3-day event, the course takes attendees from the fundamentals of Objective-C 2.0 through all the basics of developing apps using the iPhone SDK’s APIs, Xcode development environment, Interface Builder, and other tools. Registration is now open; the class fee is £995, or roughly $1620.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?