App Mix: Cool fx, LightSource, Equilibrio, Doomsday
The Tiffen Company has released Cool fx, its latest image enhancement application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cool fx offers users 172 visual presets separated into Black & White, Color, Diffusion, Grain, and Temperature groupings which simulate a variety of photographic looks, film stocks, and lab processes. Priced at $4 but currently offered for $3, Cool fx is available now from the App Store.
Pixelexip has introduced LightSource, its new lighting application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Designed for photographers and cinematographers, LightSource uses the device’s screen as a lighting tool, letting users choose from a common light source presets. The app’s light temperature presets are based on actual Kelvin readings, and include sunlight, candlelight, 40W and 100W tungsten bulbs, sodium vapor, halogen, fluorescent black light, and others. LightSource is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Fishing Cactus has debuted Equilibrio, a new gravity-based game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Players must rotate the iPhone in order to move a ball through an on-screen maze, with the ball shattering if it hits a wall or other obstacle while moving too fast. The game also features traps, five different balls with unique properties, three play modes, and 60 levels to play though. Equilibrio is available now for $4.
Smallrock Software has released Doomsday Terminal, a new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based loosely on the computer from LOST, Doomsday Terminal presents users with a computer screen and a list of numbers they must enter every 108 minutes or else the game ends. The game ties into an online scoreboard which keeps track of who has the longest streak; Smallrock promises to give a $200 gift card to the first user who breaks the one week mark. Doomsday Terminal sells for $1 and is available now.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?