App Mix: Cool fx, LightSource, Equilibrio, Doomsday
The Tiffen Company has released Cool fx, its latest image enhancement application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cool fx offers users 172 visual presets separated into Black & White, Color, Diffusion, Grain, and Temperature groupings which simulate a variety of photographic looks, film stocks, and lab processes. Priced at $4 but currently offered for $3, Cool fx is available now from the App Store.
Pixelexip has introduced LightSource, its new lighting application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Designed for photographers and cinematographers, LightSource uses the device’s screen as a lighting tool, letting users choose from a common light source presets. The app’s light temperature presets are based on actual Kelvin readings, and include sunlight, candlelight, 40W and 100W tungsten bulbs, sodium vapor, halogen, fluorescent black light, and others. LightSource is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Fishing Cactus has debuted Equilibrio, a new gravity-based game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Players must rotate the iPhone in order to move a ball through an on-screen maze, with the ball shattering if it hits a wall or other obstacle while moving too fast. The game also features traps, five different balls with unique properties, three play modes, and 60 levels to play though. Equilibrio is available now for $4.
Smallrock Software has released Doomsday Terminal, a new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based loosely on the computer from LOST, Doomsday Terminal presents users with a computer screen and a list of numbers they must enter every 108 minutes or else the game ends. The game ties into an online scoreboard which keeps track of who has the longest streak; Smallrock promises to give a $200 gift card to the first user who breaks the one week mark. Doomsday Terminal sells for $1 and is available now.
- Airmail, Day One 2, Airfoil Satellite, Instagram + Pocket
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Microsoft releases News Pro app for iOS
- Report: Apple to offer subscription content via News app
- Frogmind releases Badland 2
- BBC iPlayer app arrives on Apple TV in UK
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!