App Mix: Cosmic Nitro, World Series, Undercover, Coupon Sherpa
Galcon has released Cosmic Nitro, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In the game, which is based on the classic Atari game Missile Command, players must tap on the screen to “blast” enemies, with a shield option that can be deployed by swiping across the screen. Features include five different enemies, nine levels, an “apocalypse” mode, a secret level, high score tracking, and more. Cosmic Nitro is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
MLB.com has released MLB World Series 2009, its first game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The only game for iPhone and iPod touch featuring all 30 Major League teams, the game also offers multi-touch pitching and batting controls, accelerometer targeting, three games modes, 3-D animations, skill rankings based on 2008 player stats, and four MLB ballparks, including Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, Citizens Bank Park, and the new Yankee Stadium. MLB World Series 2009 is available now and sells for $8.
Orbicule has launched Undercover, a theft recovery solution for iPhone and iPod touch. Undercover works by submitting the most accurate location data available back to Orbicule’s servers, allowing both the user and the police to view its current position. The company notes that currently the thief would need to launch the application in order for it to transmit data, but that it is working with other third-party developers in hopes of building the technology into other apps. If the thief does launch Undercover after the device has been reported stolen, it pretends to load a game while determining the current location and submitting the data to Orbicule’s servers. Undercover is available now and sells for $5.
Coupon Sherpa has released its application of the same name for the iPhone and iPod touch. Coupon Sherpa lets users access both exclusive and traditional in-store coupons directly from their devices, finding coupons by searching for the store name or browsing by category or by store list. In addition, many of the coupons include bar codes that can be scanned by the stores’ optical scanners during checkout. Coupon Sherpa sells for $2 and is available now from the App Store.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?