App Mix: Disney, Priceline, Videopix, Brightkite
Disney.com has launched its new official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new app offers access to Disney news and entertainment, interaction with popular characters through customizable photo frames and audio greetings, the ability to listen to Radio Disney live and watch videos, in-app games like Name That Song, and more. In addition, it offers a “Click2Life” feature that allows iPhone users to take pictures of images on the disney.com website that then become animated images within the app. Disney.com is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Priceline.com has released its Hotel Negotiator application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app lets users find and book last-minute accommodations using the site’s Name Your Own Price hotel service. Features include a winning bids listing that displays multiple recent winning bids made by other customers for hotels across a city, a shake-activated, location-based winning bids search, the ability to sort listings by star level, price, proximity, and popularity, instant bid results, the ability to browse Priceline’s published-price hotel listings, and a specially-designed one-page checkout screen. Priceline.com’s Hotel Negotiator app is available as a free download.
Seeitwithus has introduced Videopix, its first application for the iPhone 3GS. Videopix allows iPhone 3GS users to scrub through their videos frame-by-frame, extracting 640x480 stills directly from the video files. Features include precise navigation controls, automatic video orientation detection for proper photo exporting, and the ability to take images from any video in the Camera Roll. Videopix is available now and sells for $5.
Location-aware social networking service Brightkite has updated its native iPhone and iPod touch application to version 2.0. Sporting a slightly tweaked interface, the new version gives users access to new features recently added to the service’s website, including a new Friend model that allows others to follow as a fan, leaving the choice as to whether or not they are a “friend” up to the user, a new privacy model that lets users decide who sees each post, post-by-post settings for sending updates to other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr, the option to post without location data, and more. Brightkite 2.0 is available now as a free download.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?