App Mix: Eliminate, Command & Conquer, Doom, IzyPhotoTip
Ngmoco has released Eliminate Pro, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Eliminate Pro is a first-person shooter in which players compete with one another in multi-player matches to earn credits to buy upgrades and better weapons. Features include networked play over both 3G and W-Fi, multiple weapons, power-ups, and arenas, Plus+ integration, and more. Eliminate Pro is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Electronic Arts has introduced Command & Conquer Red Alert, its latest title for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Red Alert, players use multi-touch controls to command their forces against the enemy, fighting through twelve combat levels as either the Soviets or Allies—each side has its own specific weaponry and campaign storylines. A map pack with six extra skirmish maps is available as an in-app purchase, and EA is promising Bluetooth and Wi-Fi multiplayer, as well as an “Empire of the Rising Sun” expansion pack as future updates. Command & Conquer Red Alert is available now and sells for $10.
id Software has unveiled Doom Classic, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. As a port of the original first-person shooter, Classic includes the original three episodes as well as episode four for a total of 36 levels, customizable control schemes, both Deathmatch and Co-op multiplayer modes, the ability to listen to the original soundtrack or music from the iPod library, and more. Doom Classic is available now for $7.
Izy CG has released IzyPhotoTip, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. IzyPhotoTip is designed to help photographers and travelers mark, locate, and revisit places where they might want to take a picture with more advanced photographic equipment. Features include the ability to manage, categorize, and tags shooting locations, add photos from the camera or library to a location, save the best time to shoot the location, share locations with friends, and more. IzyPhotoTip is available now and is priced at $4.
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Bio Inc.
- EU criticizes Apple for in-app purchases (Update)
- Paul McCartney re-releases five classic albums as iPad apps
- PayPal 5.5 app update scans, stores loyalty cards
- Apple launches iTunes Pass credit system in Japan
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads