App Mix: Eliminate, Command & Conquer, Doom, IzyPhotoTip
Ngmoco has released Eliminate Pro, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Eliminate Pro is a first-person shooter in which players compete with one another in multi-player matches to earn credits to buy upgrades and better weapons. Features include networked play over both 3G and W-Fi, multiple weapons, power-ups, and arenas, Plus+ integration, and more. Eliminate Pro is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Electronic Arts has introduced Command & Conquer Red Alert, its latest title for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Red Alert, players use multi-touch controls to command their forces against the enemy, fighting through twelve combat levels as either the Soviets or Allies—each side has its own specific weaponry and campaign storylines. A map pack with six extra skirmish maps is available as an in-app purchase, and EA is promising Bluetooth and Wi-Fi multiplayer, as well as an “Empire of the Rising Sun” expansion pack as future updates. Command & Conquer Red Alert is available now and sells for $10.
id Software has unveiled Doom Classic, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. As a port of the original first-person shooter, Classic includes the original three episodes as well as episode four for a total of 36 levels, customizable control schemes, both Deathmatch and Co-op multiplayer modes, the ability to listen to the original soundtrack or music from the iPod library, and more. Doom Classic is available now for $7.
Izy CG has released IzyPhotoTip, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. IzyPhotoTip is designed to help photographers and travelers mark, locate, and revisit places where they might want to take a picture with more advanced photographic equipment. Features include the ability to manage, categorize, and tags shooting locations, add photos from the camera or library to a location, save the best time to shoot the location, share locations with friends, and more. IzyPhotoTip is available now and is priced at $4.
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Carousel, Fleksy, Modern Combat 5: Blackout, Workflow, Shazam, SimCity BuildIt
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014