App Mix: EyeTV, CNN, Cadence, Zipcar
Elgato has released its new EyeTV application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The EyeTV app will allow users of the company’s EyeTV desktop software for Macs to watch live TV and recordings, browse the program guide, and start or schedule recordings, all directly from their devices. Live video is delivered over Wi-Fi only, with H.264 video, AAC audio, and iPhone hardware acceleration for playback. EyeTV requires a Mac running EyeTV 3.2 or higher, a compatible TV tuner, and iPhone OS 3.0 or later, and is available now for $5.
CNN has introduced its new CNN Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. CNN Mobile offers users live video of breaking news, streaming video of top stories from all categories, the ability to view, record, and submit video and photo iReports, view stories from a variety of topics, in condensed or full versions, view local news, weather, and traffic, save stories and videos for later viewing, and more. CNN Mobile is priced at $2.
TrekoClinics.com has debuted Cadence, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cadence is designed to let users perform activities such as running or dancing while listening to a steady stream of songs that match the beat of their movements. The app offers a slider for selecting songs according to beat per minute (BPM) values of 70-200, as well as forward, back, and play/pause controls; users must download the Cadence desktop application and use it analyze their iTunes libraries in order for the app to function properly. The Cadence application for iPhone and iPod touch requires OS 3.0 or later and sells for $3; the desktop software is available for download on a “pay what you want” basis, with 20% of all proceeds going to support Shoe4Africa.
Car sharing service Zipcar has released its official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Demonstrated during Apple’s 2009 WWDC Keynote Address, the app allows Zipcar members to find available Zipcars on a map using current location, favorite location, or any location, reserve cars, sort cars by time available, car type, and model, view upcoming reservations, easily locate a reserved Zipcar by honking its horn and lock and unlock the Zipcar from within the app, get directions to a reserved Zipcar, and more. Zipcar requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later and is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?