App Mix: EyeTV, CNN, Cadence, Zipcar
Elgato has released its new EyeTV application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The EyeTV app will allow users of the company’s EyeTV desktop software for Macs to watch live TV and recordings, browse the program guide, and start or schedule recordings, all directly from their devices. Live video is delivered over Wi-Fi only, with H.264 video, AAC audio, and iPhone hardware acceleration for playback. EyeTV requires a Mac running EyeTV 3.2 or higher, a compatible TV tuner, and iPhone OS 3.0 or later, and is available now for $5.
CNN has introduced its new CNN Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. CNN Mobile offers users live video of breaking news, streaming video of top stories from all categories, the ability to view, record, and submit video and photo iReports, view stories from a variety of topics, in condensed or full versions, view local news, weather, and traffic, save stories and videos for later viewing, and more. CNN Mobile is priced at $2.
TrekoClinics.com has debuted Cadence, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cadence is designed to let users perform activities such as running or dancing while listening to a steady stream of songs that match the beat of their movements. The app offers a slider for selecting songs according to beat per minute (BPM) values of 70-200, as well as forward, back, and play/pause controls; users must download the Cadence desktop application and use it analyze their iTunes libraries in order for the app to function properly. The Cadence application for iPhone and iPod touch requires OS 3.0 or later and sells for $3; the desktop software is available for download on a “pay what you want” basis, with 20% of all proceeds going to support Shoe4Africa.
Car sharing service Zipcar has released its official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Demonstrated during Apple’s 2009 WWDC Keynote Address, the app allows Zipcar members to find available Zipcars on a map using current location, favorite location, or any location, reserve cars, sort cars by time available, car type, and model, view upcoming reservations, easily locate a reserved Zipcar by honking its horn and lock and unlock the Zipcar from within the app, get directions to a reserved Zipcar, and more. Zipcar requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later and is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Asphalt 8:Airborne 1.8, Calcbot 2.0, Gmail 4.0, Real Steel Champions, SimCity BuildIt Tokyo Town
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, sign up now
- Japan Display vying to be Apple’s primary display supplier (Update: new plant confirmed)
- Apple comes to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, will replace AT&T
- Apple extends iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit (Update: settlement approved)
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?