App Mix: EyeTV, CNN, Cadence, Zipcar
Elgato has released its new EyeTV application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The EyeTV app will allow users of the company’s EyeTV desktop software for Macs to watch live TV and recordings, browse the program guide, and start or schedule recordings, all directly from their devices. Live video is delivered over Wi-Fi only, with H.264 video, AAC audio, and iPhone hardware acceleration for playback. EyeTV requires a Mac running EyeTV 3.2 or higher, a compatible TV tuner, and iPhone OS 3.0 or later, and is available now for $5.
CNN has introduced its new CNN Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. CNN Mobile offers users live video of breaking news, streaming video of top stories from all categories, the ability to view, record, and submit video and photo iReports, view stories from a variety of topics, in condensed or full versions, view local news, weather, and traffic, save stories and videos for later viewing, and more. CNN Mobile is priced at $2.
TrekoClinics.com has debuted Cadence, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cadence is designed to let users perform activities such as running or dancing while listening to a steady stream of songs that match the beat of their movements. The app offers a slider for selecting songs according to beat per minute (BPM) values of 70-200, as well as forward, back, and play/pause controls; users must download the Cadence desktop application and use it analyze their iTunes libraries in order for the app to function properly. The Cadence application for iPhone and iPod touch requires OS 3.0 or later and sells for $3; the desktop software is available for download on a “pay what you want” basis, with 20% of all proceeds going to support Shoe4Africa.
Car sharing service Zipcar has released its official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Demonstrated during Apple’s 2009 WWDC Keynote Address, the app allows Zipcar members to find available Zipcars on a map using current location, favorite location, or any location, reserve cars, sort cars by time available, car type, and model, view upcoming reservations, easily locate a reserved Zipcar by honking its horn and lock and unlock the Zipcar from within the app, get directions to a reserved Zipcar, and more. Zipcar requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later and is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?