App Mix: Facebook, DSLR Remote, Gluten-free, PlaySafe
Facebook has released version 3.0 of its application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The updated app sports a redesigned interface and several new capabilities, including the ability to write notes and read friends’ notes, upload photos to any album and manage a photo collection, zoom photos, see mutual friends, change profile pictures, and more. Facebook 3.0 for iPhone and iPod touch is available now as a free download from the App Store.
OnOne Software has released version 1.1 of its DSLR Camera Remote Professional Edition for the iPhone and iPod touch. Originally able to control select Canon EOS digital cameras with Live View support, version 1.1 adds support for select Nikon DSLR cameras, AutoFocus during LiveView, burst mode for sports photographers, bracketing for HDR photography, and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom auto-import. DSLR Camera Remote Professional 1.1 is available now from the App Store for $20; a feature-limited Lite version is also available and sells for $2.
AllergyFree Passport has released its iCanEat OnTheGo Gluten & Allergen Free application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Designed for users suffering from celiac/coeliac disease, food allergies or intolerances, iCanEat allows users to pinpoint what meals they can eat at 15 major U.S. fast food and quick service restaurants. Users can select from one or any combination of 9 allergens including eggs, fish, gluten, milk, peanuts, shellfish, soy, tree nuts and wheat, and can browse over 1,500 food items in color-coded columns to quickly view appropriate meals. iCanEat OnTheGo Gluten & Allergen Free is available now and sells for $5.
Chilli X has introduced PlaySafe, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. PlaySafe is designed to make the iPhone or iPod touch’s music player easier, and therefore safer, to use while driving, by providing a full-screen start and stop button, with swipe gestures for changing tracks. The on-screen interface shows large album artwork, supports both landscape and portrait modes, and turns off auto-lock to prevent the device from sleeping while playing music. PlaySafe is available now and sells for $1.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards