App Mix: Fring video, Monkey Ball 2, eBay Deals, Hand Waver
Fring has released version 220.127.116.11 of its official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. New in version 18.104.22.168 is the ability for users to engage in one-way video calls with other Fring or Skype users—two-way video calling is unfortunately disabled on the iPhone due to the placement of the camera. Fring lets users place free voice calls from the iPhone and iPod Touch to other Fring users, Skype or GTalk buddies, or friends on regular phone lines via Skype-Out or other SIP services. Fring is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Sega has unveiled Super Monkey Ball 2, the sequel to its popular App Store launch-day title for the iPhone and iPod touch. As in the first Super Monkey Ball, players take control of a monkey character in side a clear ball and attempt to steer it through maze-like tracks to reach a goal and clear the level. Super Monkey Ball 2 offers four different characters, over 115 tracks, improved accelerometer based controls, local Wi-Fi multiplayer, and a Monkey Bowling mini-game, with Monkey Golf and Monkey Target games promised in a free update early next year. Super Monkey Ball 2 is available now and sells for $10.
eBay has introduced its new eBay Deals application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application lets users browse through a variety of deals, including Daily Deals, deals ending soon and personalized searches for the best possible price on an item. It also offers built-in integration with social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter for sharing shopping activity, and PayPal integration for easy checkout. eBay Deals is available now as a free download.
Bluestone Software has debuted Hand Waver, its first application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Hand Waver is a banner display application that uses a common visual illusion to create a message that appears to float in the air. Users simply enter a new message or pick from the list of the last 20 played, select a color, and wave their hand back and forth in the air to display the message. Hand Waver is priced at $1.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards