App Mix: Inkiness, Ranch Rush, Playlist Alarm, Meditate
Fenrir has debuted Inkiness, its new drawing application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Inkiness emulates drawing with ink, on a grid patterned pad. Features include a virtual, on-screen nib for increased accuracy, the ability to save and edit up to 80 drawing pages, and the ability to save drawings to the photo library or share them via email. Inkiness sells for $3.
FreshGames has released Ranch Rush, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Previously released on the Mac and PC, Ranch Rush puts players in the shoes of Sara, who must build a thriving ranch before the owner is forced to sell. Over the course of several weeks, players will need to harvest fresh produce, gather eggs from ostriches, collect honey from bees, make ketchup from tomatoes, and more. The game features more than 40 levels, four upgrades, four different animals to tend, and 20 trophies to win. Ranch Rush is available now from the App Store and sells for $2.
Chilli X has introduced Playlist Alarm Clock, its latest clock application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Playlist Alarm Clock allows users to build or choose two playlists of songs to wake up and fall asleep to. Users can choose separate durations of time for music to play when falling asleep and waking up, and can also use the app as a standard alarm or bedside clock; other features include a snooze function and auto-lock prevention. Playlist Alarm Clock is available now and is priced at $2.
SimpleTouch Software has released Meditate, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Meditate serves as a simple meditation timer, offering a single-pane interface, customizable interval chimes, the ability to set preparation and cool down times, automatic meditation tracking, including total and daily average meditation times, statistics, and smart interruption handling and restart. Meditate is available now and sells for $2.
- Airmail, Day One 2, Airfoil Satellite, Instagram + Pocket
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Microsoft releases News Pro app for iOS
- Report: Apple to offer subscription content via News app
- Frogmind releases Badland 2
- BBC iPlayer app arrives on Apple TV in UK
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!