App Mix: iWine, WeatherBug, Uggles, Top-Tens
Ageasoft has released its new iWine application for the iPhone and iPod touch. iWine allows wine enthusiasts to track vintages that they own, taste, purchase, and recommend. The app offers attribute fields for winery, vintage, varietal and varietal type, region, rating pairing, price, and tasting notes, and also allows users to store both thumbnail and full size images of wine bottle labels. Other features include the ability to favorite wines, two separate rating systems, the ability to sort by any field, and provides a customizable library of wine varietals, varietal types, and regions. iWine is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
Weather information service WeatherBug has introduced its WeatherBug Elite application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Devoid of the advertising found in the company’s free application, WeatherBug Elite features full radar animations, six additional contour layers including infrared satellite, humidity, air pressure, and wind speed, enhanced seven-day and hourly forecasts, full presentation of National Weather Service alerts, unlimited location settings, and an enhanced current conditions section. WeatherBug Elite is available now and sells for $1.
Frogameleon has released its new Uggles game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Uggles, players attempt to catch ball-like characters, called Uggles, utilizing touch- or accelerometer-based controls. The speed of the game increases as the player catches more Uggles. Other features include the ability to collect and display Uggles that have been unlocked, three levels of difficulty, high score listings for each difficulty, and the ability to listen to the iPod while playing. Uggles is available now and is priced at $1.
iPhone developer Rod Cambridge has released Top-Tens for the iPhone and iPod touch. Top-Tens lets users to keep tabs on multiple “top ten” lists at once, allowing them to keep up with trends in their favorite interests, hobbies, or pastimes. Categories include books, movies, video games, music charts and sales, coupons and deals, websites, blogs, and more. Top-Tens is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards