App Mix: iWine, WeatherBug, Uggles, Top-Tens
Ageasoft has released its new iWine application for the iPhone and iPod touch. iWine allows wine enthusiasts to track vintages that they own, taste, purchase, and recommend. The app offers attribute fields for winery, vintage, varietal and varietal type, region, rating pairing, price, and tasting notes, and also allows users to store both thumbnail and full size images of wine bottle labels. Other features include the ability to favorite wines, two separate rating systems, the ability to sort by any field, and provides a customizable library of wine varietals, varietal types, and regions. iWine is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
Weather information service WeatherBug has introduced its WeatherBug Elite application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Devoid of the advertising found in the company’s free application, WeatherBug Elite features full radar animations, six additional contour layers including infrared satellite, humidity, air pressure, and wind speed, enhanced seven-day and hourly forecasts, full presentation of National Weather Service alerts, unlimited location settings, and an enhanced current conditions section. WeatherBug Elite is available now and sells for $1.
Frogameleon has released its new Uggles game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Uggles, players attempt to catch ball-like characters, called Uggles, utilizing touch- or accelerometer-based controls. The speed of the game increases as the player catches more Uggles. Other features include the ability to collect and display Uggles that have been unlocked, three levels of difficulty, high score listings for each difficulty, and the ability to listen to the iPod while playing. Uggles is available now and is priced at $1.
iPhone developer Rod Cambridge has released Top-Tens for the iPhone and iPod touch. Top-Tens lets users to keep tabs on multiple “top ten” lists at once, allowing them to keep up with trends in their favorite interests, hobbies, or pastimes. Categories include books, movies, video games, music charts and sales, coupons and deals, websites, blogs, and more. Top-Tens is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?