App Mix: Jeter, Brunswick, Snapfinger, Volumatic
Gameloft has released Derek Jeter Real Baseball, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game offers full 3D player and stadium models, the ability to listen to music from the iPod in-game, and the ability to post replays to YouTube, a variety of different game modes including a 162-game season plus playoffs mode and a home-un challenge, and audio commentary. Derek Jeter Real Baseball is available now and sells for $5.
Crave Entertainment has introduced Brunswick Pro Bowling, its first game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the Wii game of the same name, Brunswick Pro features real pin and ball physics, including changing oil patterns and lane conditions, five unique locations, vertical and horizontal play modes, a Wall of Fame high score board, a choice between touch- and accelerometer-based controls, unlockable balls and bowling centers, realistic sound effects, a variety of game modes, and more. Brunswick Pro Bowling is priced at $3.
Snapfinger.com has launched its new Snapfinger - Restaurant Ordering application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app lets users order meals from more than 28,000 restaurants across 1,600 U.S. cities, including popular chains such as Subway, Outback, California Pizza Kitchen, and more. Features include a location-based restaurant finder, the ability to save favorite orders, complete menu and item selections, a selectable pick-up time and date, a map of and directions to the selected restaurant, pre-payment via credit card, and order confirmation via text and e-mail. Snapfinger - Restaurant Ordering is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Independent developer Robert Scarano has released Volumatic, his second application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Volumatic is an iPod player application that offers automatic volume adjustment based on the ambient noise level, monitored through either the iPhone’s built-in microphone or the earphone microphone on the iPod touch. Features include fully customizable settings for fine-tuning the sensitivity and an “office mode” that automatically pauses playback when a loud noise is heard. Volumatic is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- 1Password, Calcbot, Pennies + Twitterrific on the Apple Watch
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?