App Mix: Jeter, Brunswick, Snapfinger, Volumatic
Gameloft has released Derek Jeter Real Baseball, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game offers full 3D player and stadium models, the ability to listen to music from the iPod in-game, and the ability to post replays to YouTube, a variety of different game modes including a 162-game season plus playoffs mode and a home-un challenge, and audio commentary. Derek Jeter Real Baseball is available now and sells for $5.
Crave Entertainment has introduced Brunswick Pro Bowling, its first game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the Wii game of the same name, Brunswick Pro features real pin and ball physics, including changing oil patterns and lane conditions, five unique locations, vertical and horizontal play modes, a Wall of Fame high score board, a choice between touch- and accelerometer-based controls, unlockable balls and bowling centers, realistic sound effects, a variety of game modes, and more. Brunswick Pro Bowling is priced at $3.
Snapfinger.com has launched its new Snapfinger - Restaurant Ordering application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app lets users order meals from more than 28,000 restaurants across 1,600 U.S. cities, including popular chains such as Subway, Outback, California Pizza Kitchen, and more. Features include a location-based restaurant finder, the ability to save favorite orders, complete menu and item selections, a selectable pick-up time and date, a map of and directions to the selected restaurant, pre-payment via credit card, and order confirmation via text and e-mail. Snapfinger - Restaurant Ordering is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Independent developer Robert Scarano has released Volumatic, his second application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Volumatic is an iPod player application that offers automatic volume adjustment based on the ambient noise level, monitored through either the iPhone’s built-in microphone or the earphone microphone on the iPod touch. Features include fully customizable settings for fine-tuning the sensitivity and an “office mode” that automatically pauses playback when a loud noise is heard. Volumatic is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?