App Mix: Jurassic 3D, PandoraBox, Air, Underground
Digital Chocolate has released Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. A follow-up to the company’s earlier Rollercoaster Rush 3D, Jurassic 3D has players attempting to raise their excitement meters and score more points by challenging drops, loops, and chasm jumps from inside a coaster car. Features include a career mode with 40 different tracks, a challenge race mode, a Bluetooth multiplayer mode, and more. Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush is available now from the App Store and sells for $5; a free trial version is also available.
App Zap has released an update to PandoraBox, its deal-finding application for the iPhone and iPod touch. PandoraBox offers users continuously updated information relating to new App Store releases and price reductions. In addition, it allows users to create their own lists of favorite applications to track. PandoraBox is available now as a free download.
Opal Limited, publishers of the music application Bloom, has released Air, its second app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on concepts developed by Brian Eno and created by Peter Chilvers and vocalist Sandra O’Neill, Air assembles vocal and piano samples into new compositions. The app features four “control” modes, which let the user tap in different areas of the display to control the compositions, and three “listen” modes, which provide a choice of arrangement; the app also offers the ability to spread the composition over multiple iPhone and iPod touch units. Air is available now and is priced at $2.
Chillingo and Kinelco have released Underground, a new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Underground is a horror/graffiti-themed side-scrolling 2D shoot ‘em up game, featuring multi-directional shooting using the touch screen, graffiti artwork by the artist Frames, an original hip-hop soundtrack scored by Pp3d, three difficulty levels, over 60 different enemies, 11 different weapons, and more. Underground is available now and sells for $4.
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Bio Inc.
- EU criticizes Apple for in-app purchases (Update)
- Apps of the Week: Overcast, Ingress, Endless Numbers 1.2 + more
- Paul McCartney re-releases five classic albums as iPad apps
- PayPal 5.5 app update scans, stores loyalty cards
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks