App Mix: Jurassic 3D, PandoraBox, Air, Underground
Digital Chocolate has released Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. A follow-up to the company’s earlier Rollercoaster Rush 3D, Jurassic 3D has players attempting to raise their excitement meters and score more points by challenging drops, loops, and chasm jumps from inside a coaster car. Features include a career mode with 40 different tracks, a challenge race mode, a Bluetooth multiplayer mode, and more. Jurassic 3D Rollercoaster Rush is available now from the App Store and sells for $5; a free trial version is also available.
App Zap has released an update to PandoraBox, its deal-finding application for the iPhone and iPod touch. PandoraBox offers users continuously updated information relating to new App Store releases and price reductions. In addition, it allows users to create their own lists of favorite applications to track. PandoraBox is available now as a free download.
Opal Limited, publishers of the music application Bloom, has released Air, its second app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on concepts developed by Brian Eno and created by Peter Chilvers and vocalist Sandra O’Neill, Air assembles vocal and piano samples into new compositions. The app features four “control” modes, which let the user tap in different areas of the display to control the compositions, and three “listen” modes, which provide a choice of arrangement; the app also offers the ability to spread the composition over multiple iPhone and iPod touch units. Air is available now and is priced at $2.
Chillingo and Kinelco have released Underground, a new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Underground is a horror/graffiti-themed side-scrolling 2D shoot ‘em up game, featuring multi-directional shooting using the touch screen, graffiti artwork by the artist Frames, an original hip-hop soundtrack scored by Pp3d, three difficulty levels, over 60 different enemies, 11 different weapons, and more. Underground is available now and sells for $4.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?