App Mix: Metal Gear, Nationwide, Currencies, 9 Innings
Konami has released the completed version of Metal Gear Solid Touch for the iPhone and iPod touch. Expanding upon the 12 stages included in the “Initial Release” version of the game, the new complete version — listed in the App Store as version 2.0.0 — includes eight additional “Mission” stages, 20 new wallpapers, and language support for French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Metal Gear Solid Touch is available now from the App Store and sells for $8; the complete version is a free update for those who purchased the initial release.
Nationwide Insurance has released its new Nationwide Mobile app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Designed for use by Nationwide customers, the app helps users find local resources and document accidents. The app can help find local authorities and emergency services, as well as local towing services, Nationwide Blue Ribbon Repair Service Facilities and Nationwide agents. In addition, it provides an interface for entering the other driver’s insurance and contact information, and users can also store photos of the accident taken with the iPhone’s camera and automatically record the exact location of the accident using the iPhone’s built-in GPS. Other features include a flashlight function and a tool to help non-customers locate a Nationwide agent. Nationwide Mobile is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Edovia has introduced Currencies, its new currency conversion tool for the iPhone and iPod touch. Currencies offers a one-pane interface, with support for over 75 currencies, a customizable rate refresh delay, the ability to refresh exchange rates on the fly by shaking the device, the ability to reorder the currency list to display them in the user’s desired order, and the ability to drag amounts to switch the conversion order. Currencies sells for $1 and is available now.
Com2uS has released 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The baseball simulation game offers users four play modes, including season, tournament, exhibition, and homerun modes, eight different teams and managers to select from, and on-screen controls. In addition, the developer promises to add auto fielding, auto running, a pitching guide, and enhanced artwork and effects in a future update. 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009 is available now from the App Store and is priced at $5.
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Airmail, Day One 2, Airfoil Satellite, Instagram + Pocket
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Microsoft releases News Pro app for iOS
- Report: Apple to offer subscription content via News app
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!