App Mix: Metal Gear, Nationwide, Currencies, 9 Innings
Konami has released the completed version of Metal Gear Solid Touch for the iPhone and iPod touch. Expanding upon the 12 stages included in the “Initial Release” version of the game, the new complete version — listed in the App Store as version 2.0.0 — includes eight additional “Mission” stages, 20 new wallpapers, and language support for French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Metal Gear Solid Touch is available now from the App Store and sells for $8; the complete version is a free update for those who purchased the initial release.
Nationwide Insurance has released its new Nationwide Mobile app for the iPhone and iPod touch. Designed for use by Nationwide customers, the app helps users find local resources and document accidents. The app can help find local authorities and emergency services, as well as local towing services, Nationwide Blue Ribbon Repair Service Facilities and Nationwide agents. In addition, it provides an interface for entering the other driver’s insurance and contact information, and users can also store photos of the accident taken with the iPhone’s camera and automatically record the exact location of the accident using the iPhone’s built-in GPS. Other features include a flashlight function and a tool to help non-customers locate a Nationwide agent. Nationwide Mobile is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Edovia has introduced Currencies, its new currency conversion tool for the iPhone and iPod touch. Currencies offers a one-pane interface, with support for over 75 currencies, a customizable rate refresh delay, the ability to refresh exchange rates on the fly by shaking the device, the ability to reorder the currency list to display them in the user’s desired order, and the ability to drag amounts to switch the conversion order. Currencies sells for $1 and is available now.
Com2uS has released 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The baseball simulation game offers users four play modes, including season, tournament, exhibition, and homerun modes, eight different teams and managers to select from, and on-screen controls. In addition, the developer promises to add auto fielding, auto running, a pitching guide, and enhanced artwork and effects in a future update. 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2009 is available now from the App Store and is priced at $5.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?