App Mix: NBA Live, NASDAQ, National Film Board, GameCenter
Electronic Arts today released NBA Live by EA Sports ($10), a full-featured basketball game title with a number of features such as real teams and real players, an 82-game season mode, a shorter playoff mode, and light managerial options. Our review is available here.
NASDAQ announced today that it has introduced a new stock market application, NASDAQ Portfolio Manager, allowing investors to build watch lists and detailed portfolios of U.S. stocks, track price performance in real time, access pre-market and after-hours quotes, and view dynamic charts. NASDAQ Portfolio Manager is available for free from the App Store.
The National Film Board of Canada has released NFB Films, an app for the iPhone or iPod touch that provides access to hundreds of independent films, documentaries, and animation films from the NFB collection. The application, available free from the App Store, allows users to search or browse through the NFB library and view content on their device, as well as downloading content to watch offline for up to 24 hours, marking content as favorites. The app also includes a “nearby” feature to show you what other people in your area are watching.
GameFly also recently introduced its free GameCenter app for the iPhone and iPod touch. GameCenter provides users with access to information on more than 5,000 video games across major gaming platforms, as well as news, videos, screenshots, release dates, user reviews, gameplay controls, cheat codes, and more. The GameCenter App is available free on the App Store.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?