App Mix: Pantone, Pioneer, Trope, BMW F1
Pantone has released myPantone, the company’s latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. myPantone allows designers to capture, create, and share Pantone Color Palettes directly from their devices. Features include full access to all the Pantone Color Libraries, including the Pantone Matching System, Pantone Goe System, Pantone Pastels, and the Pantone Fashion + Home Smart Color System, the ability to extract colors from photos taken with the iPhone’s built-in camera, matching them to the closest Pantone colors, and the ability to share color palettes via email as color patches, or as application-ready swatch files for use in applications such as Adobe’s Creative Suite, CorelDraw, and QuarkXPress. Pantone’s myPantone is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Opal Limited has introduced Trope, its third application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Expanding further on the concepts introduced in Bloom, in which users created ambient music by tapping and moving their fingers across the screen, Trope is designed by musicians Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers, and offers a “different emotional experience from Bloom - more introspective [and] more atmospheric,” according to co-creator Eno. Trope is available now and sells for $4.
Pioneer has unveiled its new AVIC Feeds application, its first for the iPhone. AVIC Feeds integrates with the company’s AVIC line of in-dash navigation systems—specifically, the AVIC-U310BT and AVIC Z110BT—to let users search for addresses, businesses, places of interest, or a specific spot in the Maps application, using Bluetooth to transfer the location to the system’s Contact list. Users can also get location information from geotagged photos. Pioneer’s AVIC Feeds application requires one of the two AVIC units listed above and an iPhone, and is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Artificial Life has released BMW Sauber F1 Team Racing 09, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game has players racing as either Nick Heidfield or Robert Kubica, and features eight different courses, customizable racing options including game mode, weather, and difficulty, a pit stop mini-game, a Professional game mode focusing on lap times, car configuration options, online leaderboards and Facebook Connect integration, and more. BMW Sauber F1 Team Racing 09 is priced at $2.
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?