App Mix: Pantone, Pioneer, Trope, BMW F1
Pantone has released myPantone, the company’s latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. myPantone allows designers to capture, create, and share Pantone Color Palettes directly from their devices. Features include full access to all the Pantone Color Libraries, including the Pantone Matching System, Pantone Goe System, Pantone Pastels, and the Pantone Fashion + Home Smart Color System, the ability to extract colors from photos taken with the iPhone’s built-in camera, matching them to the closest Pantone colors, and the ability to share color palettes via email as color patches, or as application-ready swatch files for use in applications such as Adobe’s Creative Suite, CorelDraw, and QuarkXPress. Pantone’s myPantone is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Opal Limited has introduced Trope, its third application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Expanding further on the concepts introduced in Bloom, in which users created ambient music by tapping and moving their fingers across the screen, Trope is designed by musicians Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers, and offers a “different emotional experience from Bloom - more introspective [and] more atmospheric,” according to co-creator Eno. Trope is available now and sells for $4.
Pioneer has unveiled its new AVIC Feeds application, its first for the iPhone. AVIC Feeds integrates with the company’s AVIC line of in-dash navigation systems—specifically, the AVIC-U310BT and AVIC Z110BT—to let users search for addresses, businesses, places of interest, or a specific spot in the Maps application, using Bluetooth to transfer the location to the system’s Contact list. Users can also get location information from geotagged photos. Pioneer’s AVIC Feeds application requires one of the two AVIC units listed above and an iPhone, and is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Artificial Life has released BMW Sauber F1 Team Racing 09, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game has players racing as either Nick Heidfield or Robert Kubica, and features eight different courses, customizable racing options including game mode, weather, and difficulty, a pit stop mini-game, a Professional game mode focusing on lap times, car configuration options, online leaderboards and Facebook Connect integration, and more. BMW Sauber F1 Team Racing 09 is priced at $2.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?