App Mix: Pickin’ Time, UPS, Nikon, Garters & Ghouls
The Iconfactory has released Pickin’ Time, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Pickin’ Time has players attempt to pick their chosen vegetable as fast as they can when it pops up. The game offers both a single-player mode plus single-device and Wi-Fi multi-player modes, as well as a family-friendly theme and original soundtrack. Pickin’ Time is available now and sells for $2.
UPS has launched UPS Mobile, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. UPS Mobile lets users track package and freight shipments, find nearby UPS locations, and estimate shipping costs and delivery times; users logged in with a My UPS ID can also nickname tracked shipments, see recent tracks, create shipping labels to e-mail and then print, access their ups.com address books, and use saved shipping and payment preferences. UPS Mobile is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Nikon has introduced Nikon Learn & Explore, its new photography application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Learn & Explore gives users access to a host of photography tips and information, including educational images and videos, advice on shooting techniques, guides to fundamental photography principles, a photography glossary, complete access to Nikon’s quarterly print magazine Nikon World, and more. Nikon Learn & Explore is available now as a free download.
Namco has released Garters & Ghouls, its latest title for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed in collaboration with Big Blue Bubble, Garters & Ghouls puts players in the shoes of Marie Dupois, who has been summoned to battle a horde of baddies with dual on-screen stick controls. Features include over 25 levels, a variety of weapons and power-ups, extra downloadable content, the ability to share in-game achievements via Facebook Connect, and more. Garters & Ghouls is available now and sells for $5.
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Airmail, Day One 2, Airfoil Satellite, Instagram + Pocket
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Microsoft releases News Pro app for iOS
- Report: Apple to offer subscription content via News app
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!