App Mix: Quicken, Land of the Lost, Dark Raider, Team Up
Intuit has released its Quicken Online Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application gives users access to their Quicken Online accounts directly from their iPhones or iPod touches, letting them see bank, credit card, loan, and other accounts all in one place, utilize a Paycheck Forecaster to plan for future purchases, monitor budget goals, find nearby ATMs, and more. Quicken Online Mobile is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Universal Pictures has released Land of the Lost: Crystal Adventure, a new game promoting the release of this summer’s Land of the Lost movie starring Will Ferrell. The puzzle-based game features 25 different levels, in which players must navigate a mix of obstacles in order to reach a large crystal, collecting small crystals along the way to increase their scores. Other features include an undo button, a local scoreboard, and photos, trailers, and sound bytes from the film. Land of the Lost: Crystal Adventure is available as a free download from the App Store.
Egerter Software has unveiled Dark Raider, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The top-down style game has players explore castles, tombs, pyramids, arenas, mazes, and forests, with 64 progressively more difficult levels spread across eight unique settings. Other features include a mix of environmental puzzles and combat, a variety of weapons, a choice between on-screen or accelerometer-based controls, 360-degree movement and aiming, three difficulty levels, 8-10 hours of gameplay, and a 10 song soundtrack. Dark Raider is available now and is priced at $8.
PokitLint has introduced Team Up, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Team Up is designed to easily divide groups of people into two teams. Users enter the number of people playing, tap a begin button, and then have each player tap the screen to receive their team assignment. Team Up is available now and sells for $1.
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple rolls out app thinning in iOS 9.0.2
- Adobe releases Photoshop Fix, Capture CC apps for iOS
- New Philips Hue Bridge supports HomeKit, Siri
- 80 Days, Microgee, Tweetbot 4, Burstio, Evernote, Google Photos
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?