App Mix: Real Soccer, Calculator, TabToolkit, Whac-a-Mole
Gameloft has released Real Soccer 2010, its follow-up to the well-received Real Soccer 2009 game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new game offers a number of additions to and improvements upon last year’s edition, including online and local multiplayer, 8 leagues, 245 teams and real players’ names, 14 precisely modeled 3D stadiums, voice commentary, new game modes, the ability to upload replays to YouTube, and improved controls. Real Soccer 2010 is available now from the App Store and sells for $7.
Texas Instruments has introduced BA II Plus, its first application for the iPhone and iPod touch. BA II Plus Financial Calculator emulates the exact capabilities of TI’s best-selling financial calculator, including time-value-of-money calculations, generation of amortization schedules, cash-flow analysis, breakeven, profit, and percent difference calculations, a date function, scientific capabilities, 10-value memory, and an intuitive 2nd function key. BA II Plus Financial Calculator is available now and is priced at $15.
Agile partners, makers of the popular app Guitar Toolkit, has launched TabToolkit, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Offering playback of guitar tablature files, it features support for text, PDF, Power Tab, and Guitar Pro files, a MIDI synthesizer to let users hear the instrument being played, views of both standard music and tablature notation, a metronome feature, the ability to display a fretboard or piano keyboard to show finger positions, the ability to download tabs from the Internet using a built-in browser, and more. TabToolkit sells for $10.
Kiloo has unveiled Whac-A-Mole, its first game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Officially licensed by Mattel, Whac-A-Mole offers a variety of weapons, including a mallet, spiked club, and baseball bat, four different game modes, and graphics reminiscent of real-world Whac-A-Mole games. Whac-A-Mole is available now and sells for $4.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?