App Mix: Real Soccer, Calculator, TabToolkit, Whac-a-Mole
Gameloft has released Real Soccer 2010, its follow-up to the well-received Real Soccer 2009 game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new game offers a number of additions to and improvements upon last year’s edition, including online and local multiplayer, 8 leagues, 245 teams and real players’ names, 14 precisely modeled 3D stadiums, voice commentary, new game modes, the ability to upload replays to YouTube, and improved controls. Real Soccer 2010 is available now from the App Store and sells for $7.
Texas Instruments has introduced BA II Plus, its first application for the iPhone and iPod touch. BA II Plus Financial Calculator emulates the exact capabilities of TI’s best-selling financial calculator, including time-value-of-money calculations, generation of amortization schedules, cash-flow analysis, breakeven, profit, and percent difference calculations, a date function, scientific capabilities, 10-value memory, and an intuitive 2nd function key. BA II Plus Financial Calculator is available now and is priced at $15.
Agile partners, makers of the popular app Guitar Toolkit, has launched TabToolkit, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Offering playback of guitar tablature files, it features support for text, PDF, Power Tab, and Guitar Pro files, a MIDI synthesizer to let users hear the instrument being played, views of both standard music and tablature notation, a metronome feature, the ability to display a fretboard or piano keyboard to show finger positions, the ability to download tabs from the Internet using a built-in browser, and more. TabToolkit sells for $10.
Kiloo has unveiled Whac-A-Mole, its first game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Officially licensed by Mattel, Whac-A-Mole offers a variety of weapons, including a mallet, spiked club, and baseball bat, four different game modes, and graphics reminiscent of real-world Whac-A-Mole games. Whac-A-Mole is available now and sells for $4.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?