App Mix: SI Swimsuit, Treasure Grab, HotelPal, Layers
Sports Illustrated has released SI Swimsuit 2009, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed in partnership with Azuki Systems, Si Swimsuit features videos and photos of all 20 models from the 2009 SI Swimsuit franchise, and allows users to create a personalized daily sports calendar to keep track of schedules and scores for up to six professional and/or college sports teams. Rated 17+, SI Swimsuit 2009 is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
THQ Wireless has released Treasure Grab, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Treasure Grab puts players in control of master thief Alya Loot, who must steal, sneak, and pick locks to grab the most precious heirlooms of four decadent nobles. Features include open gameplay, an original storyline and characters, and seven “Trickster” powers that can be used to fool guards and maximize treasure. Treasure Grab is sells for $3.
Mobiata, maker of FlightTrack and FlightTrack Pro, has introduced HotelPal (pictured), its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. HotelPal offers users access to over 100,000 hotels, including full-screen photos, interactive maps, and live availability info. Once a room is found, travelers can book right in the app, using a custom booking interface powered by Travelocity. HotelPal will be available as a free download from the App Store as soon as it receives approval from Apple.
Ben Gotow, developer of NetSketch, has unveiled Layers, his latest art creation tool for the iPhone and iPod touch. Layers is a natural media painting application, allowing users to add up to five layers to each drawing or photo, with the ability to email the file as a .psd file with the layers intact. Tools include a full-featured eraser for revealing hidden layers, two-finger pan and zoom, eight brushes, an eyedropper tool, precisely adjustable brush sizes, a large color picker with transparency control, undo history that is saved on exit, and the ability to email the an image in either .jpg or .psd formats. Layers is available now and sells for $5.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Friends, Champ Man 15, Yelp 8.2 + more
- Skylanders Trap Team coming to iPad with portal, controller
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Rules!
- Apps of the Week: Daniel Tiger’s Grr-ific Feelings, Godus, Oceanhorn 2.0 + More
- Redesigned Foursquare 8.0 removes check-ins
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today