App Mix: SI Swimsuit, Treasure Grab, HotelPal, Layers
Sports Illustrated has released SI Swimsuit 2009, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed in partnership with Azuki Systems, Si Swimsuit features videos and photos of all 20 models from the 2009 SI Swimsuit franchise, and allows users to create a personalized daily sports calendar to keep track of schedules and scores for up to six professional and/or college sports teams. Rated 17+, SI Swimsuit 2009 is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
THQ Wireless has released Treasure Grab, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Treasure Grab puts players in control of master thief Alya Loot, who must steal, sneak, and pick locks to grab the most precious heirlooms of four decadent nobles. Features include open gameplay, an original storyline and characters, and seven “Trickster” powers that can be used to fool guards and maximize treasure. Treasure Grab is sells for $3.
Mobiata, maker of FlightTrack and FlightTrack Pro, has introduced HotelPal (pictured), its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. HotelPal offers users access to over 100,000 hotels, including full-screen photos, interactive maps, and live availability info. Once a room is found, travelers can book right in the app, using a custom booking interface powered by Travelocity. HotelPal will be available as a free download from the App Store as soon as it receives approval from Apple.
Ben Gotow, developer of NetSketch, has unveiled Layers, his latest art creation tool for the iPhone and iPod touch. Layers is a natural media painting application, allowing users to add up to five layers to each drawing or photo, with the ability to email the file as a .psd file with the layers intact. Tools include a full-featured eraser for revealing hidden layers, two-finger pan and zoom, eight brushes, an eyedropper tool, precisely adjustable brush sizes, a large color picker with transparency control, undo history that is saved on exit, and the ability to email the an image in either .jpg or .psd formats. Layers is available now and sells for $5.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?