App Mix: Simplify Music, Hollywood Hangman, Truphone, Modulo
Simplify Media has released Simplify Music 2.0, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Simplify Music works in concert with a free application on users’ home computers to stream their music to their device. Features in the new software include the ability to search for artist, album, and title across all shared libraries, tag favorite music, create on-the-fly playlists, and scrub forward and backward through audio files. Simplify Music is available now from the App Store and is currently priced at $3; the price will increase to $6 on May 14.
LimeLife has released its new Hollywood Hangman game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the classic word game, Hollywood Hangman features 1,500 puzzles spread across four trivia categories—celebrity, movie, TV, and music—along with single, pass n’ play, and Wi-Fi multiplayer modes, three different music tracks, 10 different Hollywood-inspired backgrounds, and the ability for users to create their own puzzles. LimeLife’s Hollywood Hangman sells for $1; a free Lite version is also available.
Truphone has launched version 3.0 of its Truphone application for the iPhone. Truphone is a VoIP app which supports calling through Skype, Google Talk, and Truphone. Improvements in version 3.0 include superior voice call quality, a new instant messaging tool with support for Skype, MSN Messenger, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and Google Talk, and real-time account management. Truphone 3.0 for the iPhone is available as a free download from the App Store.
Electric TopHat has introduced its new Modulo puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Modulo, players bust rotate a set of colored cogs until they are all facing in the same direction. It features 180 different levels, all of which are accessible from the start of the game. Modulo is available now and sells for $2; a free Lite version is also available.
- Blockr, Chesh, Sago Mini Babies, Puzzle & Glory + more
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple rolls out app thinning in iOS 9.0.2
- Adobe releases Photoshop Fix, Capture CC apps for iOS
- New Philips Hue Bridge supports HomeKit, Siri
- 80 Days, Microgee, Tweetbot 4, Burstio, Evernote, Google Photos
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?