App Mix: Simplify Music, Hollywood Hangman, Truphone, Modulo
Simplify Media has released Simplify Music 2.0, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Simplify Music works in concert with a free application on users’ home computers to stream their music to their device. Features in the new software include the ability to search for artist, album, and title across all shared libraries, tag favorite music, create on-the-fly playlists, and scrub forward and backward through audio files. Simplify Music is available now from the App Store and is currently priced at $3; the price will increase to $6 on May 14.
LimeLife has released its new Hollywood Hangman game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the classic word game, Hollywood Hangman features 1,500 puzzles spread across four trivia categories—celebrity, movie, TV, and music—along with single, pass n’ play, and Wi-Fi multiplayer modes, three different music tracks, 10 different Hollywood-inspired backgrounds, and the ability for users to create their own puzzles. LimeLife’s Hollywood Hangman sells for $1; a free Lite version is also available.
Truphone has launched version 3.0 of its Truphone application for the iPhone. Truphone is a VoIP app which supports calling through Skype, Google Talk, and Truphone. Improvements in version 3.0 include superior voice call quality, a new instant messaging tool with support for Skype, MSN Messenger, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and Google Talk, and real-time account management. Truphone 3.0 for the iPhone is available as a free download from the App Store.
Electric TopHat has introduced its new Modulo puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Modulo, players bust rotate a set of colored cogs until they are all facing in the same direction. It features 180 different levels, all of which are accessible from the start of the game. Modulo is available now and sells for $2; a free Lite version is also available.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?