App Mix: Simplify Music, Hollywood Hangman, Truphone, Modulo
Simplify Media has released Simplify Music 2.0, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Simplify Music works in concert with a free application on users’ home computers to stream their music to their device. Features in the new software include the ability to search for artist, album, and title across all shared libraries, tag favorite music, create on-the-fly playlists, and scrub forward and backward through audio files. Simplify Music is available now from the App Store and is currently priced at $3; the price will increase to $6 on May 14.
LimeLife has released its new Hollywood Hangman game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the classic word game, Hollywood Hangman features 1,500 puzzles spread across four trivia categories—celebrity, movie, TV, and music—along with single, pass n’ play, and Wi-Fi multiplayer modes, three different music tracks, 10 different Hollywood-inspired backgrounds, and the ability for users to create their own puzzles. LimeLife’s Hollywood Hangman sells for $1; a free Lite version is also available.
Truphone has launched version 3.0 of its Truphone application for the iPhone. Truphone is a VoIP app which supports calling through Skype, Google Talk, and Truphone. Improvements in version 3.0 include superior voice call quality, a new instant messaging tool with support for Skype, MSN Messenger, AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and Google Talk, and real-time account management. Truphone 3.0 for the iPhone is available as a free download from the App Store.
Electric TopHat has introduced its new Modulo puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Modulo, players bust rotate a set of colored cogs until they are all facing in the same direction. It features 180 different levels, all of which are accessible from the start of the game. Modulo is available now and sells for $2; a free Lite version is also available.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?