App Mix: Skee-Ball, FoodScanner, Juiced, FIFA 10
Freeverse has released Skee-Ball, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Officially licensed by Skee-Ball Amusement Games, the title features authentic-looking virtual Skee-Ball machines, touch- and tilt-based controls, the NVIDIA PhysX engine for realistic ball rolls and bounces, a worldwide high score system, Plus+ network integration, and the ability to earn tickets, which can be used to purchase more than 80 different virtual prizes. Skee-Ball is available now and sells for $1.
DailyBurn has debuted FoodScanner, its new application for the iPhone. Using Occipital’s RedLaser technology, FoodScanner allows users to scan the UPC barcodes of foods they eat using the iPhone’s built-in camera, pulling up nutrition labels, and allowing the user to monitor their caloric intake by indicating how large a serving they had. Users may also enter items in using the keyboard, and can sync the app with a DailyBurn account for more advanced nutrition analysis, history, and more. FoodScanner is available now from the AppStore and sells for $3.
Chilli X has introduced Juiced, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Juiced is a battery status monitoring application, offering users an intricately rendered graphic representation of their iPhone or iPod touch’s remaining battery. When viewed in landscape mode, the app offers a more detailed breakdown of battery life, including estimations of remaining talk time, standby time, Internet use, audio, and video playback. Juiced is priced at $1.
Electronic Arts has revealed details of its upcoming FIFA 10 soccer game for the iPhone and iPod touch. According to a post on the EA Mobile’s Facebook page, the game will feature 30 leagues, 570 teams, and 12,260 players from around the world, 20 licensed tournaments and cup competitions, the ability for users to create their own players, a mix of touch- and accelerometer-based controls, six separate camera angles, local Wi-Fi multiplayer, and more. No pricing or release date has yet been set for the game; continue reading for screenshots.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?