App Mix: Skee-Ball, FoodScanner, Juiced, FIFA 10
Freeverse has released Skee-Ball, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Officially licensed by Skee-Ball Amusement Games, the title features authentic-looking virtual Skee-Ball machines, touch- and tilt-based controls, the NVIDIA PhysX engine for realistic ball rolls and bounces, a worldwide high score system, Plus+ network integration, and the ability to earn tickets, which can be used to purchase more than 80 different virtual prizes. Skee-Ball is available now and sells for $1.
DailyBurn has debuted FoodScanner, its new application for the iPhone. Using Occipital’s RedLaser technology, FoodScanner allows users to scan the UPC barcodes of foods they eat using the iPhone’s built-in camera, pulling up nutrition labels, and allowing the user to monitor their caloric intake by indicating how large a serving they had. Users may also enter items in using the keyboard, and can sync the app with a DailyBurn account for more advanced nutrition analysis, history, and more. FoodScanner is available now from the AppStore and sells for $3.
Chilli X has introduced Juiced, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Juiced is a battery status monitoring application, offering users an intricately rendered graphic representation of their iPhone or iPod touch’s remaining battery. When viewed in landscape mode, the app offers a more detailed breakdown of battery life, including estimations of remaining talk time, standby time, Internet use, audio, and video playback. Juiced is priced at $1.
Electronic Arts has revealed details of its upcoming FIFA 10 soccer game for the iPhone and iPod touch. According to a post on the EA Mobile’s Facebook page, the game will feature 30 leagues, 570 teams, and 12,260 players from around the world, 20 licensed tournaments and cup competitions, the ability for users to create their own players, a mix of touch- and accelerometer-based controls, six separate camera angles, local Wi-Fi multiplayer, and more. No pricing or release date has yet been set for the game; continue reading for screenshots.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today