App Mix: Skee-Ball, FoodScanner, Juiced, FIFA 10
Freeverse has released Skee-Ball, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Officially licensed by Skee-Ball Amusement Games, the title features authentic-looking virtual Skee-Ball machines, touch- and tilt-based controls, the NVIDIA PhysX engine for realistic ball rolls and bounces, a worldwide high score system, Plus+ network integration, and the ability to earn tickets, which can be used to purchase more than 80 different virtual prizes. Skee-Ball is available now and sells for $1.
DailyBurn has debuted FoodScanner, its new application for the iPhone. Using Occipital’s RedLaser technology, FoodScanner allows users to scan the UPC barcodes of foods they eat using the iPhone’s built-in camera, pulling up nutrition labels, and allowing the user to monitor their caloric intake by indicating how large a serving they had. Users may also enter items in using the keyboard, and can sync the app with a DailyBurn account for more advanced nutrition analysis, history, and more. FoodScanner is available now from the AppStore and sells for $3.
Chilli X has introduced Juiced, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Juiced is a battery status monitoring application, offering users an intricately rendered graphic representation of their iPhone or iPod touch’s remaining battery. When viewed in landscape mode, the app offers a more detailed breakdown of battery life, including estimations of remaining talk time, standby time, Internet use, audio, and video playback. Juiced is priced at $1.
Electronic Arts has revealed details of its upcoming FIFA 10 soccer game for the iPhone and iPod touch. According to a post on the EA Mobile’s Facebook page, the game will feature 30 leagues, 570 teams, and 12,260 players from around the world, 20 licensed tournaments and cup competitions, the ability for users to create their own players, a mix of touch- and accelerometer-based controls, six separate camera angles, local Wi-Fi multiplayer, and more. No pricing or release date has yet been set for the game; continue reading for screenshots.
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?