App Mix: Skee-Ball, FoodScanner, Juiced, FIFA 10
Freeverse has released Skee-Ball, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Officially licensed by Skee-Ball Amusement Games, the title features authentic-looking virtual Skee-Ball machines, touch- and tilt-based controls, the NVIDIA PhysX engine for realistic ball rolls and bounces, a worldwide high score system, Plus+ network integration, and the ability to earn tickets, which can be used to purchase more than 80 different virtual prizes. Skee-Ball is available now and sells for $1.
DailyBurn has debuted FoodScanner, its new application for the iPhone. Using Occipital’s RedLaser technology, FoodScanner allows users to scan the UPC barcodes of foods they eat using the iPhone’s built-in camera, pulling up nutrition labels, and allowing the user to monitor their caloric intake by indicating how large a serving they had. Users may also enter items in using the keyboard, and can sync the app with a DailyBurn account for more advanced nutrition analysis, history, and more. FoodScanner is available now from the AppStore and sells for $3.
Chilli X has introduced Juiced, its latest application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Juiced is a battery status monitoring application, offering users an intricately rendered graphic representation of their iPhone or iPod touch’s remaining battery. When viewed in landscape mode, the app offers a more detailed breakdown of battery life, including estimations of remaining talk time, standby time, Internet use, audio, and video playback. Juiced is priced at $1.
Electronic Arts has revealed details of its upcoming FIFA 10 soccer game for the iPhone and iPod touch. According to a post on the EA Mobile’s Facebook page, the game will feature 30 leagues, 570 teams, and 12,260 players from around the world, 20 licensed tournaments and cup competitions, the ability for users to create their own players, a mix of touch- and accelerometer-based controls, six separate camera angles, local Wi-Fi multiplayer, and more. No pricing or release date has yet been set for the game; continue reading for screenshots.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks