App Mix: TapStar, Pocket First Aid, Cloudburst, Word Solitaire
Epic Tilt, in partnership with Sony Music Entertainment, has released TapStar, a new rhythm game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In TapStar, players attempt to tap on the touchpoints in the four corners of the screen to match up to the beat of the currently playing song, and are judged on misses, longest streak, and overall accuracy. Features include a widescreen presentation, music from artists such as John Mayer, Lit, Pink, and Cheap Trick, and four difficulty settings for each level. TapStar is available now from the App Store and sells for $1; a free trial version is also available.
American Heart Association has announced the launch of Pocket First Aid & CPR, its medical application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed by Jive Media, Pocket First Aid serves as a portable medical reference guide, with hundreds of illustrated pages on topics such as CPR, choking, bites, seizures, and more, videos to show users how to respond in critical situations, an area to store medical and insurance information for quick retrieval, and up-to-date emergency information. Pocket First Aid & CPR sells for $4.
Advenio has introduced Cloudburst, its new weather application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cloudburst is designed to offer users a quick-glance look at weather conditions, including current temperature, wind speed and direction, visibility, sunrise and sunset times, a four-day forecast, and current radar image, with all data provided by NOAA.gov. Cloudburst is available now and is priced at $1.
Candywriter has released Word Solitaire, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Word Solitaire merges word games with solitaire by having players drag letters onto each other to form words, completing the level by using all the provided letters in words. It features 25 levels, each with classical art backgrounds, intelligent decks that increase the difficulty slightly with each level, customizable color themes, Twitter integration for posting scores, millions of letter arrangements, and auto save. Word Solitaire is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Cooking Dash 2016, Disney Gif, iTunes U 3.0, Swarm 2.5, + Zipcar 4.0
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Google Play Music adds free, ad-supported streaming radio
- Transistor, Adobe Hue, Mic Room, Elevate 2.0
- Apple takes App Analytics out of beta, adds new features
- Report: iPhone 6S may be slightly thicker than iPhone 6
- Apple Pay set to launch in UK on July 14?
- Report: New iPhone’s base storage could stay at 16GB
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?