App Mix: TapStar, Pocket First Aid, Cloudburst, Word Solitaire
Epic Tilt, in partnership with Sony Music Entertainment, has released TapStar, a new rhythm game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In TapStar, players attempt to tap on the touchpoints in the four corners of the screen to match up to the beat of the currently playing song, and are judged on misses, longest streak, and overall accuracy. Features include a widescreen presentation, music from artists such as John Mayer, Lit, Pink, and Cheap Trick, and four difficulty settings for each level. TapStar is available now from the App Store and sells for $1; a free trial version is also available.
American Heart Association has announced the launch of Pocket First Aid & CPR, its medical application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed by Jive Media, Pocket First Aid serves as a portable medical reference guide, with hundreds of illustrated pages on topics such as CPR, choking, bites, seizures, and more, videos to show users how to respond in critical situations, an area to store medical and insurance information for quick retrieval, and up-to-date emergency information. Pocket First Aid & CPR sells for $4.
Advenio has introduced Cloudburst, its new weather application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Cloudburst is designed to offer users a quick-glance look at weather conditions, including current temperature, wind speed and direction, visibility, sunrise and sunset times, a four-day forecast, and current radar image, with all data provided by NOAA.gov. Cloudburst is available now and is priced at $1.
Candywriter has released Word Solitaire, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Word Solitaire merges word games with solitaire by having players drag letters onto each other to form words, completing the level by using all the provided letters in words. It features 25 levels, each with classical art backgrounds, intelligent decks that increase the difficulty slightly with each level, customizable color themes, Twitter integration for posting scores, millions of letter arrangements, and auto save. Word Solitaire is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?