App Mix: Time Crisis, CardStar, Photo fx, Easycontact
Namco has released Time Crisis Strike, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Similar to the popular Time Crisis arcade games, Strike uses a duck-and-shoot design, allowing users to tap on the screen to fire and tilt the iPhone or iPod touch to duck, take cover, and reload. The game offers two game modes—Arcade Mode and Crisis Missions—and is available now from the App Store for $6.
Mesa Dynamics has released its new CardStar application for the iPhone and iPod touch. CardStar is a personal “rewards” and “club” card manager, letting users enter and store their membership information for items such as grocery and pharmacy discount cards, travel reward cards, and more. The app currently offers a merchant list of over 100 U.S. companies in six categories, advanced options for adding cards not included in the merchant list, and the ability to access any account directly from the main CardStar screen. CardStar is available now and sells for $1.
The Tiffen Company, a photography accessory manufacturer and distributor, has announced Photo fx, a special iPhone and iPod touch version of its Tiffen Dfx Digital Filter Creative Effects software. Photo fx features 26 different filters and effects, each with slider controls, as well as 27 different film looks that can be applied to existing photos or new pics shot with the iPhone’s built-in camera. Photo fx is available now and sells for $3.
Tapinoma has released Easycontact, its new contact sharing application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Easycontact allows users to share their address book contacts individually or in groups with others via email, or directly via Wi-Fi or Audio if the recipient is also an Easycontact user. Easycontact is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?