App Mix: Time Crisis, CardStar, Photo fx, Easycontact
Namco has released Time Crisis Strike, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Similar to the popular Time Crisis arcade games, Strike uses a duck-and-shoot design, allowing users to tap on the screen to fire and tilt the iPhone or iPod touch to duck, take cover, and reload. The game offers two game modes—Arcade Mode and Crisis Missions—and is available now from the App Store for $6.
Mesa Dynamics has released its new CardStar application for the iPhone and iPod touch. CardStar is a personal “rewards” and “club” card manager, letting users enter and store their membership information for items such as grocery and pharmacy discount cards, travel reward cards, and more. The app currently offers a merchant list of over 100 U.S. companies in six categories, advanced options for adding cards not included in the merchant list, and the ability to access any account directly from the main CardStar screen. CardStar is available now and sells for $1.
The Tiffen Company, a photography accessory manufacturer and distributor, has announced Photo fx, a special iPhone and iPod touch version of its Tiffen Dfx Digital Filter Creative Effects software. Photo fx features 26 different filters and effects, each with slider controls, as well as 27 different film looks that can be applied to existing photos or new pics shot with the iPhone’s built-in camera. Photo fx is available now and sells for $3.
Tapinoma has released Easycontact, its new contact sharing application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Easycontact allows users to share their address book contacts individually or in groups with others via email, or directly via Wi-Fi or Audio if the recipient is also an Easycontact user. Easycontact is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?