App Mix: Timelapse Pro, DJ apps, Ramp Champ, CoPilot
Dw-c has released Timelapse Pro, its latest application for the iPhone. Timelapse Pro lets users create, edit, and share timelapse movies directly on their devices, and features a built-in camera timer, the ability to view and change the order of pictures in the project, the option to export projects as MOV Quicktime movies, an integrated webserver for transferring movie to a computer, and more. Timelapse Pro is available now and sells for $1.
Following an iLounge report on the delayed approval of DJ applications for the iPhone and iPod touch, Apple has approved a number of applications within the genre. The apps mentioned in the original article, including Touch DJ ($20) from Amidio, Sonorasaurus ($10) from Pajamahouse Studios, and DJ Player Pro ($4) from Musicsoft Arts have all been approved, as has DJ Player Blue Edition ($25) from iMect, which was mentioned in the comments of the original article.
The Iconfactory is currently offering its Ramp Champ game for the iPhone and iPod touch as a free download. Strongly recommended by iLounge at its normal $2 price point, Ramp Champ is a visually compelling skee-ball style game in which players attempt to knock down targets, both moving and motionless, by rolling balls up a ramp in order to win tickets which can be redeemed for in-game prizes. Notably, the game is also one of the best examples of proper use of in-app purchases, offering two-packs of additional ramps for $1 each.
ALK Technologies has released the latest version of its CoPilot Live North America turn-by-turn navigation application for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. New in version 188.8.131.522 is the ability to purchase premium live services—including live traffic updates, gas prices, and local search—from within the application. The Live services are priced at $20; the CoPilot application itself is on sale through the end of December for $25, a savings of $10 off its regular $35 price.
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- 1Password, Calcbot, Pennies + Twitterrific on the Apple Watch
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?