App Mix: Top Gun, Caster, Michelin, inTouch
Paramount Digital Entertainment has released its new Top Gun game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed by Freeverse, Top Gun places players in the shoes of a new recruit, who is being trained by Maverick and Iceman at the Top Gun Academy. The game offers users a choice between the F-22 Raptor or a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber, and features ten missions set in a variety of environments, medal and achievements, “Danger Zones” to avoid, customizable handles, unlockable content and easter eggs, target-locking missiles and Vulcan cannons as weapons, and more. Top Gun is available now and sells for $2.
Elecorn has released Caster, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Caster is a third-person shooter, in which players must use six unique attacks to destroy enemy Flanx and heal an infected land to bring trees back to life. Features include a soundtrack by Trance Emerson, 15 different landscapes, three difficulty levels, and more. Caster sells for $5.
Michelin has introduced its new Michelin Guide Restaurants for New York City and San Francisco in the U.S., as well as guides for Germany, Spain + Portugal, Italy, and the U.K. in Europe. These iPhone and iPod touch applications offer users listings of all the restaurants selected by the Michelin guide, including both starred eateries and Bib Gourmand locations that represent a good value. Each listing includes the restaurant’s address, phone number, opening hours, awards and Michelin guide comments; users can find nearby restaurants and call for reservations, and can share their opinions of eateries they visit. A search by name feature, however, appears to be absent. The Michelin Guide Restaurants apps for the U.S. and Europe are sold individually and are priced between $7 and $10 each.
Inversity has debuted inTouch Address Book, its new application for the iPhone. InTouch Address Book is designed to automatically keep track of what time zone users are in relative to their contacts, displaying a red (unavailable), yellow (about to be unavailable), and green (available) markers next to each contact to indicate whether it’s appropriate to call at that time. Users can also manually set contacts’ time zones, and can also enter a schedule for each to ensure that they don’t call during work hours. InTouch Address Book is available now and sells for $3.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?