App Mix: Top Gun, Caster, Michelin, inTouch
Paramount Digital Entertainment has released its new Top Gun game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed by Freeverse, Top Gun places players in the shoes of a new recruit, who is being trained by Maverick and Iceman at the Top Gun Academy. The game offers users a choice between the F-22 Raptor or a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber, and features ten missions set in a variety of environments, medal and achievements, “Danger Zones” to avoid, customizable handles, unlockable content and easter eggs, target-locking missiles and Vulcan cannons as weapons, and more. Top Gun is available now and sells for $2.
Elecorn has released Caster, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Caster is a third-person shooter, in which players must use six unique attacks to destroy enemy Flanx and heal an infected land to bring trees back to life. Features include a soundtrack by Trance Emerson, 15 different landscapes, three difficulty levels, and more. Caster sells for $5.
Michelin has introduced its new Michelin Guide Restaurants for New York City and San Francisco in the U.S., as well as guides for Germany, Spain + Portugal, Italy, and the U.K. in Europe. These iPhone and iPod touch applications offer users listings of all the restaurants selected by the Michelin guide, including both starred eateries and Bib Gourmand locations that represent a good value. Each listing includes the restaurant’s address, phone number, opening hours, awards and Michelin guide comments; users can find nearby restaurants and call for reservations, and can share their opinions of eateries they visit. A search by name feature, however, appears to be absent. The Michelin Guide Restaurants apps for the U.S. and Europe are sold individually and are priced between $7 and $10 each.
Inversity has debuted inTouch Address Book, its new application for the iPhone. InTouch Address Book is designed to automatically keep track of what time zone users are in relative to their contacts, displaying a red (unavailable), yellow (about to be unavailable), and green (available) markers next to each contact to indicate whether it’s appropriate to call at that time. Users can also manually set contacts’ time zones, and can also enter a schedule for each to ensure that they don’t call during work hours. InTouch Address Book is available now and sells for $3.
- Google Photos, Korg iM1, Moleskine Timepage, AmpliTube 4.0, Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator for iPhone
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple Store, Asphalt 8, Magnetized, PCalc
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?