App Mix: Top Gun, Caster, Michelin, inTouch
Paramount Digital Entertainment has released its new Top Gun game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed by Freeverse, Top Gun places players in the shoes of a new recruit, who is being trained by Maverick and Iceman at the Top Gun Academy. The game offers users a choice between the F-22 Raptor or a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber, and features ten missions set in a variety of environments, medal and achievements, “Danger Zones” to avoid, customizable handles, unlockable content and easter eggs, target-locking missiles and Vulcan cannons as weapons, and more. Top Gun is available now and sells for $2.
Elecorn has released Caster, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Caster is a third-person shooter, in which players must use six unique attacks to destroy enemy Flanx and heal an infected land to bring trees back to life. Features include a soundtrack by Trance Emerson, 15 different landscapes, three difficulty levels, and more. Caster sells for $5.
Michelin has introduced its new Michelin Guide Restaurants for New York City and San Francisco in the U.S., as well as guides for Germany, Spain + Portugal, Italy, and the U.K. in Europe. These iPhone and iPod touch applications offer users listings of all the restaurants selected by the Michelin guide, including both starred eateries and Bib Gourmand locations that represent a good value. Each listing includes the restaurant’s address, phone number, opening hours, awards and Michelin guide comments; users can find nearby restaurants and call for reservations, and can share their opinions of eateries they visit. A search by name feature, however, appears to be absent. The Michelin Guide Restaurants apps for the U.S. and Europe are sold individually and are priced between $7 and $10 each.
Inversity has debuted inTouch Address Book, its new application for the iPhone. InTouch Address Book is designed to automatically keep track of what time zone users are in relative to their contacts, displaying a red (unavailable), yellow (about to be unavailable), and green (available) markers next to each contact to indicate whether it’s appropriate to call at that time. Users can also manually set contacts’ time zones, and can also enter a schedule for each to ensure that they don’t call during work hours. InTouch Address Book is available now and sells for $3.
- Airmail, Day One 2, Airfoil Satellite, Instagram + Pocket
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Microsoft releases News Pro app for iOS
- Report: Apple to offer subscription content via News app
- Frogmind releases Badland 2
- BBC iPlayer app arrives on Apple TV in UK
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!