App Mix: Top Gun, Caster, Michelin, inTouch
Paramount Digital Entertainment has released its new Top Gun game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed by Freeverse, Top Gun places players in the shoes of a new recruit, who is being trained by Maverick and Iceman at the Top Gun Academy. The game offers users a choice between the F-22 Raptor or a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber, and features ten missions set in a variety of environments, medal and achievements, “Danger Zones” to avoid, customizable handles, unlockable content and easter eggs, target-locking missiles and Vulcan cannons as weapons, and more. Top Gun is available now and sells for $2.
Elecorn has released Caster, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Caster is a third-person shooter, in which players must use six unique attacks to destroy enemy Flanx and heal an infected land to bring trees back to life. Features include a soundtrack by Trance Emerson, 15 different landscapes, three difficulty levels, and more. Caster sells for $5.
Michelin has introduced its new Michelin Guide Restaurants for New York City and San Francisco in the U.S., as well as guides for Germany, Spain + Portugal, Italy, and the U.K. in Europe. These iPhone and iPod touch applications offer users listings of all the restaurants selected by the Michelin guide, including both starred eateries and Bib Gourmand locations that represent a good value. Each listing includes the restaurant’s address, phone number, opening hours, awards and Michelin guide comments; users can find nearby restaurants and call for reservations, and can share their opinions of eateries they visit. A search by name feature, however, appears to be absent. The Michelin Guide Restaurants apps for the U.S. and Europe are sold individually and are priced between $7 and $10 each.
Inversity has debuted inTouch Address Book, its new application for the iPhone. InTouch Address Book is designed to automatically keep track of what time zone users are in relative to their contacts, displaying a red (unavailable), yellow (about to be unavailable), and green (available) markers next to each contact to indicate whether it’s appropriate to call at that time. Users can also manually set contacts’ time zones, and can also enter a schedule for each to ensure that they don’t call during work hours. InTouch Address Book is available now and sells for $3.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- After School app returns to App Store with new safety features
- Report: Apple acquisition used for App Store ‘Explore’ tab
- Apple Maps adds Booking.com and Trip Advisor reviews
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?