App Mix: Tweetie 2, Skullcandy, Pro Camera, BombLink
Atebits has released Tweetie 2, the sequel to its original Tweetie application for the iPhone and iPod touch. New in Tweetie 2 is support for video tweets, live filtering of users’ Twitter streams, full persistence, a fully-capable offline mode including offline reading and drafts, threaded conversations, a revamped “Nearby” mode, support for geotagging metadata, and more. Tweetie 2 is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
Skullcandy has launched its new official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new app offers up-to-the-minute weather conditions for a host of surfing and skiing locations worldwide, GPS-based search for nearby surfing locations, ski slopes, and skate parks, videos of all three sports fed by SkullcandyTV.com, streaming music from over 50 artists, a variety of built-in and user-submitted wallpapers, and more. The official Skullcandy application for iPhone and iPod touch is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Jens Dämgen has introduced Pro Camera 2.0, the latest version of the camera application for the iPhone. Pro Camera 2.0 features a 4x digital zoom, a hardware-based image stabilization system that monitors accelerometer data to snap a shot when the device is still, a tiltmeter to indicate the relationship of the iPhone to the horizon, a self timer option, and more. Pro Camera is available now and sells for $3.
Capcom has released BombLink, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In BombLink, players must attempt to use falling flames to light bombs’ fuses in order to clear them from the screen. Features include a variety of explosive items such as obstruction and bonus bombs, three game play modes, three levels of difficulty, in-game iPod playback support, and more. BombLink sells for $2; a free Lite version is also available.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?