App Mix: Tweetie 2, Skullcandy, Pro Camera, BombLink
Atebits has released Tweetie 2, the sequel to its original Tweetie application for the iPhone and iPod touch. New in Tweetie 2 is support for video tweets, live filtering of users’ Twitter streams, full persistence, a fully-capable offline mode including offline reading and drafts, threaded conversations, a revamped “Nearby” mode, support for geotagging metadata, and more. Tweetie 2 is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
Skullcandy has launched its new official application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The new app offers up-to-the-minute weather conditions for a host of surfing and skiing locations worldwide, GPS-based search for nearby surfing locations, ski slopes, and skate parks, videos of all three sports fed by SkullcandyTV.com, streaming music from over 50 artists, a variety of built-in and user-submitted wallpapers, and more. The official Skullcandy application for iPhone and iPod touch is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Jens Dämgen has introduced Pro Camera 2.0, the latest version of the camera application for the iPhone. Pro Camera 2.0 features a 4x digital zoom, a hardware-based image stabilization system that monitors accelerometer data to snap a shot when the device is still, a tiltmeter to indicate the relationship of the iPhone to the horizon, a self timer option, and more. Pro Camera is available now and sells for $3.
Capcom has released BombLink, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In BombLink, players must attempt to use falling flames to light bombs’ fuses in order to clear them from the screen. Features include a variety of explosive items such as obstruction and bonus bombs, three game play modes, three levels of difficulty, in-game iPod playback support, and more. BombLink sells for $2; a free Lite version is also available.
- Lara Croft GO, Instagram, Pocket, Scanbot, Vine
- Animal Jam Play Wild, Final Fantasy VII, WonderBox, Square Cash 2.8, Swarm 3.0
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Carrot Weather, Google News & Weather, Microsoft Outlook
- Updated Apple Store app accepts gift cards
- EU ends one inquiry into Apple, begins another
- 1Password, Calcbot, Pennies + Twitterrific on the Apple Watch
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?