App Mix: Typography, Pizza Hut, Cyclops, WoW
Justin Stahl has released The Typography Manual, a new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The Manual features a 60+ page book covering the history of type, typography basics, how to properly set text and characters, information on web typography, and more. It also offers resources such as a visual type anatomy glossary, a style guide, a keyboard character and HTML character code listing, an Em calculator, and a font size ruler. The Typography Manual is available now from the App Store and sells for $5. [via Kottke]
National chain Pizza Hut has launched a new app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application allows users to order pizzas, wings, and pastas using interactive tools, see the latest deals, and play a racing mini-game while they are waiting for their order to arrive. The Pizza Hut app is available now as a free download.
Deep Prose Software has debuted Cyclops, its new application for the iPhone 3GS. Cyclops utilizes the iPhone 3GS’ macro capabilities to scan barcodes of items found in normal stores or at home, automatically searching Amazon to provide up to date product information and pricing. Cyclops is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Blizzard Entertainment has released World of Warcraft Mobile Armory, its second application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Built for players of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Armory lets users search for and view any character, item, guild, or Arena team in World of Warcraft, access their in-game calendars, view achievement-point leaderboards, plan out talent specs, and more. World of Warcraft Mobile Armory is a free download.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?