App Mix: Typography, Pizza Hut, Cyclops, WoW
Justin Stahl has released The Typography Manual, a new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The Manual features a 60+ page book covering the history of type, typography basics, how to properly set text and characters, information on web typography, and more. It also offers resources such as a visual type anatomy glossary, a style guide, a keyboard character and HTML character code listing, an Em calculator, and a font size ruler. The Typography Manual is available now from the App Store and sells for $5. [via Kottke]
National chain Pizza Hut has launched a new app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application allows users to order pizzas, wings, and pastas using interactive tools, see the latest deals, and play a racing mini-game while they are waiting for their order to arrive. The Pizza Hut app is available now as a free download.
Deep Prose Software has debuted Cyclops, its new application for the iPhone 3GS. Cyclops utilizes the iPhone 3GS’ macro capabilities to scan barcodes of items found in normal stores or at home, automatically searching Amazon to provide up to date product information and pricing. Cyclops is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Blizzard Entertainment has released World of Warcraft Mobile Armory, its second application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Built for players of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Armory lets users search for and view any character, item, guild, or Arena team in World of Warcraft, access their in-game calendars, view achievement-point leaderboards, plan out talent specs, and more. World of Warcraft Mobile Armory is a free download.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards