App Mix: Vanguard Storm, Elvis, Scoop, Leaf Trombone
Square Enix has released Vanguard Storm, the latest addition to its series of Crystal Defenders games for the iPhone and iPod touch. In Vanguard Storm, players must strategically position units in various formations in order to prevent approaching monsters from breaking though the front lines and stealing the players’ crystals. The game features a real-time turn-based play system, jobs from the company’s Final Fantasy Tactics A2 game, and a wide variety of monsters. Vanguard Storm is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Elvis Presley Enterprises has introduced its new Elvis Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Developed by Resolute Games, Elvis Mobile features an Elvis sightings section for submitting Elvis pictures, with the option for Facebook integration, an images section offering never-before-seen and rare pictures of Elvis, a videos section with clips of the entertainer and other Elvis events, a news section, a livecam section offering real-time views of Graceland, and a podcast section for streaming the Graceland Beat from Elvis Radio. Elvis Mobile is available as a free download from the App Store.
Yellow Zinnia has announced Scoop, its new RSS reader application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Unlike traditional RSS readers, Scoop is optimized for viewing images and media, allowing users to view articles with full screen images. Other features include the ability to save images for offline viewing, the ability to watch YouTube videos in feeds, and full Newsgator sync support. Scoop is available now and sells for $3.
Smule has released Leaf Trombone: Lite & Free, a demo version of its latest music creation app Leaf Trombone: World Stage. Lite & Free allows players to get a sample of the paid game by offering a free play mode, a play game mode featuring a single default track, and an observe mode, which lets users watch the judging of performances by a live panel of judges. Leaf Trombone: Lite & Free is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?