App Store ban poll ends, economy poll begins
With more than 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Is Apple hurting iPhone + iPod users with its App Store banning decisions?” — has ended. Readers were given two yes and two no response choices, or could alternately state that they don’t use the App Store.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, 61% of readers said that Apple is hurting iPhone and iPod users with its banning decisions, with 36% saying it should allow any non-harmful application to be distributed, while another 25% would expand that to allow distribution of any non-harmful or non-offensive app. Only 22% said they thought Apple was running the store just fine, while 9% said that Apple should take an even more active role in filtering content. Finally, 8% of readers declined an opinion because they didn’t use the App Store. Thanks for your responses!
Our new poll focuses on a major issue from the last week: the economy. We’d like to know whether recent economic conditions have led you to change your holiday shopping plans. Are you now planning to spend way less, or just slightly less than you did last year? Or are you planning on spending the same amount, or perhaps even more? Or is the economy not an issue where you live? This week’s poll, “Have recent economic conditions made you change your holiday shopping plans?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today