App Store ban poll ends, economy poll begins
With more than 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Is Apple hurting iPhone + iPod users with its App Store banning decisions?” — has ended. Readers were given two yes and two no response choices, or could alternately state that they don’t use the App Store.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, 61% of readers said that Apple is hurting iPhone and iPod users with its banning decisions, with 36% saying it should allow any non-harmful application to be distributed, while another 25% would expand that to allow distribution of any non-harmful or non-offensive app. Only 22% said they thought Apple was running the store just fine, while 9% said that Apple should take an even more active role in filtering content. Finally, 8% of readers declined an opinion because they didn’t use the App Store. Thanks for your responses!
Our new poll focuses on a major issue from the last week: the economy. We’d like to know whether recent economic conditions have led you to change your holiday shopping plans. Are you now planning to spend way less, or just slightly less than you did last year? Or are you planning on spending the same amount, or perhaps even more? Or is the economy not an issue where you live? This week’s poll, “Have recent economic conditions made you change your holiday shopping plans?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0