App Store content poll ends, iPad pre-order poll begins
With over 2,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Should Apple remove sexual content from the App Store?”—has ended. Readers could say they wanted the content removed from store, wanted it available, but moved into a specific “adult” section, left as it is, or state that they didn’t have an opinion on the matter.
An overwhelming majority of readers—65%—thought that Apple should allow sexual content on the App Store, but should move it into a specific “Adult” section, with Parental Controls to disallow access by inappropriate users. A quarter, or 25%, of readers said they thought Apple should remove the content from the store, as it added clutter and tarnished the App Store’s reputation, while seven percent said they thought the content should stay on the store as it was, and three percent said they didn’t have an opinion. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the iPad. We’d like to know if you’ve pre-ordered Apple’s latest iGadget. Did you order one of the three Wi-Fi only models, or did you choose to wait a few weeks for a Wi-Fi + 3G model? Or are you staying away from the iPad for now? Our new poll, “Did you pre-order the iPad, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Spotify penalizing artists who release Apple Music exclusives
- Apple releases new round of iOS 10 and tvOS 10 betas
- Report: 2017 iPhone to eliminate home button
- Apple to add payment technology to iPhone for transit passes, Apple Pay in Japan
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app