App Store content poll ends, iPad pre-order poll begins
With over 2,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Should Apple remove sexual content from the App Store?”—has ended. Readers could say they wanted the content removed from store, wanted it available, but moved into a specific “adult” section, left as it is, or state that they didn’t have an opinion on the matter.
An overwhelming majority of readers—65%—thought that Apple should allow sexual content on the App Store, but should move it into a specific “Adult” section, with Parental Controls to disallow access by inappropriate users. A quarter, or 25%, of readers said they thought Apple should remove the content from the store, as it added clutter and tarnished the App Store’s reputation, while seven percent said they thought the content should stay on the store as it was, and three percent said they didn’t have an opinion. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the iPad. We’d like to know if you’ve pre-ordered Apple’s latest iGadget. Did you order one of the three Wi-Fi only models, or did you choose to wait a few weeks for a Wi-Fi + 3G model? Or are you staying away from the iPad for now? Our new poll, “Did you pre-order the iPad, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Spotify claims Apple anti-competitively blocking Spotify app update
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren accuses Apple, others, of locking out competition
- Cirrus Logic releases development kit for Lightning headphones
- Report details Apple Music’s vision for exclusive content
- Walgreens adds digital coupons to Apple Pay
- China orders Apple and others to monitor, report on app users
- South Korea regulators investigating Apple
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 26
- Apple’s UK tax bill under scrutiny
- Apple lays out ‘differential privacy’ plan for data collection
- IK Multimedia iKlip A/V
- ClamCase ClamCase+ for iPad Air 2
- Philips Hue White Ambience Starter Kit
- Naim Audio Mu-so Qb Speaker
- Phiaton BT 460 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Zagg Slim Book for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Element Case Ronin for iPhone 6/6s
- JBL Clip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BT Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Catalyst Case for iPad mini 4
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app