App Store content poll ends, iPad pre-order poll begins
With over 2,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Should Apple remove sexual content from the App Store?”—has ended. Readers could say they wanted the content removed from store, wanted it available, but moved into a specific “adult” section, left as it is, or state that they didn’t have an opinion on the matter.
An overwhelming majority of readers—65%—thought that Apple should allow sexual content on the App Store, but should move it into a specific “Adult” section, with Parental Controls to disallow access by inappropriate users. A quarter, or 25%, of readers said they thought Apple should remove the content from the store, as it added clutter and tarnished the App Store’s reputation, while seven percent said they thought the content should stay on the store as it was, and three percent said they didn’t have an opinion. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the iPad. We’d like to know if you’ve pre-ordered Apple’s latest iGadget. Did you order one of the three Wi-Fi only models, or did you choose to wait a few weeks for a Wi-Fi + 3G model? Or are you staying away from the iPad for now? Our new poll, “Did you pre-order the iPad, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Tim Cook to host Hillary Clinton fundraiser
- Report: Apple to update Apple Store app with personalized recommendations
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Elgato Avea Flare Portable Mood Light
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app