App Store content poll ends, iPad pre-order poll begins
With over 2,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Should Apple remove sexual content from the App Store?”—has ended. Readers could say they wanted the content removed from store, wanted it available, but moved into a specific “adult” section, left as it is, or state that they didn’t have an opinion on the matter.
An overwhelming majority of readers—65%—thought that Apple should allow sexual content on the App Store, but should move it into a specific “Adult” section, with Parental Controls to disallow access by inappropriate users. A quarter, or 25%, of readers said they thought Apple should remove the content from the store, as it added clutter and tarnished the App Store’s reputation, while seven percent said they thought the content should stay on the store as it was, and three percent said they didn’t have an opinion. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the iPad. We’d like to know if you’ve pre-ordered Apple’s latest iGadget. Did you order one of the three Wi-Fi only models, or did you choose to wait a few weeks for a Wi-Fi + 3G model? Or are you staying away from the iPad for now? Our new poll, “Did you pre-order the iPad, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels