App Store content poll ends, iPad pre-order poll begins
With over 2,500 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Should Apple remove sexual content from the App Store?”—has ended. Readers could say they wanted the content removed from store, wanted it available, but moved into a specific “adult” section, left as it is, or state that they didn’t have an opinion on the matter.
An overwhelming majority of readers—65%—thought that Apple should allow sexual content on the App Store, but should move it into a specific “Adult” section, with Parental Controls to disallow access by inappropriate users. A quarter, or 25%, of readers said they thought Apple should remove the content from the store, as it added clutter and tarnished the App Store’s reputation, while seven percent said they thought the content should stay on the store as it was, and three percent said they didn’t have an opinion. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the iPad. We’d like to know if you’ve pre-ordered Apple’s latest iGadget. Did you order one of the three Wi-Fi only models, or did you choose to wait a few weeks for a Wi-Fi + 3G model? Or are you staying away from the iPad for now? Our new poll, “Did you pre-order the iPad, and if so, which one?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- ConnectSense Smart Outlet adds power monitoring, reduces price
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- iOS dev finds unimplemented one-handed keyboard in iOS code
- Apple sends out press invites for ‘Hello Again’ Oct. 27 Mac event
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple partners with builders to include HomeKit-enabled devices in new homes
- Report about Apple Pay in Japan hints at Oct. 25 release for iOS 10.1
- Apple Pay adds 20+ new U.S. banks and credit unions, MBNA Canada coming ‘mid-2017’
- Misfit launches Phase smartwatch
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps