App Store Finds: Frogger, AkiMahjong, Flickbook, Cocktails
An iPhone and iPod touch version of the arcade classic Frogger has been released on the App Store. The $9.99 app, released by Konami Digital Entertainment, is a basic port of the original, with the point of the game to guide five frogs to safety in order to advance to the next level. It also boasts enhanced graphics, and sounds from the original game. Strangely, it is listed as only being compatible with the iPhone, although iLounge editors have been able to load the game on the iPod touch.
Ambrosia’s $4.99 Aki Mahjong game has received a substantial update, which adds a new zoom-in mode, new and improved tile artwork, 25 additional bonus levels, and more. You can find out more about the original version of Aki Mahjong in our iPhone Gems: Mahjong article.
Flickbook is a new application that allows users to create simple animations on the iPhone and iPod touch. The $4.99 application from Ollie Wagner and Geoff Pado features colors that build up for shading, an underlay of the last frame for easier animation, the ability to store unlimited animations, and more.
Cocktails is a $4.99 drink recipe reference application from Skorpiostech that offers users access to thousands of cocktail and mixed drink recipes from their iPhone or iPod touch. Features include full-text searching across recipe names and ingredients, the ability to browse by base, drink type, flavor, or alphabetically, the ability to favorite frequently used recipes, share recipes though email and Twitter, and more. In addition, the application presents each recipe on a background that corresponds to its age, so that older recipes appear to be printed on weathered parchment, while newer drinks appear on a flat white backdrop.
- Layout from Instagram, Periscope, The Trace + Apple Watch app updates
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?