App Store Finds: iDrum, 2008 Olympics, GTS World Racing, Dice
iZotrope has introduced the first of its iDrum series of beat creation applications for the iPhone and iPod touch. iDrum allows users to access professional sound content and patterns to create their own music. Users can tap virtual pads to create rhythms, shake the handset to clear patterns, and use slide and flick gestures to navigate the interface. According to the developer, a special combination application will also be available to turn created beats into iPhone-compatible ringtones. The first two editions of iDrum, Hip Hop Edition and Club Edition, are now available on the App Store and sell for $5 each.
Marvel Apps has released its Fandora’s Box 2008 Summer Games application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app provides medal standings for every country, news updates, event schedules and results, and more. Fandora’s Box 2008 Summer Games is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Handmark has released its new GTS World Racing game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game offers users accelerometer-based controls, 64 track layouts, a choice of multiple car types and difficulty levels, and four play modes. It also offers the ability to choose between the game’s soundtrack or the user’s own audio. GTS World Racing is available now via the App Store and sells for $8. For more information on GTS World Racing, see our iPhone Gems article.
Fullpower has released its MotionX Dice application for the iPhone and iPod touch. MotionX Dice is a real-world physics based dice simulator, using the iPhone’s accelerometer and user motion to determine the way the dice roll, collide, and settle. The app also allows the user to choose the number of dice to use, from one to five, and customize the appearance of the dice and the rolling surface. Fullpower’s MotionX Dice is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Airmail, Day One 2, Airfoil Satellite, Instagram + Pocket
- Facebook rolls out Live Video to US users
- Microsoft releases News Pro app for iOS
- Report: Apple to offer subscription content via News app
- iPad Air 3, iPhone 5se expected to be available March 18
- Apple filming original ‘dark drama’ television series featuring Dr. Dre
- Apple under fire for patent infringement from haptic feedback company Immersion
- CBS CEO Moonves notes Apple talks have stopped
- Apple will source iPhone 7 ‘A10’ CPU solely from TSMC
- Federal bill aims to take regulatory power for phone encryption out of state hands
- Job post shows Apple emphasizing new complications, faces for Apple Watch
- New comments hint at forthcoming streaming TV service from Apple
- Apple Music available on Sonos starting today
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- VRS Design Crystal Bumper, High Pro Shield + Verge Active for iPhone 6/6s
- Vicks SmartTemp Wireless Smartphone Thermometer
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!