App Store Finds: iDrum, 2008 Olympics, GTS World Racing, Dice
iZotrope has introduced the first of its iDrum series of beat creation applications for the iPhone and iPod touch. iDrum allows users to access professional sound content and patterns to create their own music. Users can tap virtual pads to create rhythms, shake the handset to clear patterns, and use slide and flick gestures to navigate the interface. According to the developer, a special combination application will also be available to turn created beats into iPhone-compatible ringtones. The first two editions of iDrum, Hip Hop Edition and Club Edition, are now available on the App Store and sell for $5 each.
Marvel Apps has released its Fandora’s Box 2008 Summer Games application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app provides medal standings for every country, news updates, event schedules and results, and more. Fandora’s Box 2008 Summer Games is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
Handmark has released its new GTS World Racing game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game offers users accelerometer-based controls, 64 track layouts, a choice of multiple car types and difficulty levels, and four play modes. It also offers the ability to choose between the game’s soundtrack or the user’s own audio. GTS World Racing is available now via the App Store and sells for $8. For more information on GTS World Racing, see our iPhone Gems article.
Fullpower has released its MotionX Dice application for the iPhone and iPod touch. MotionX Dice is a real-world physics based dice simulator, using the iPhone’s accelerometer and user motion to determine the way the dice roll, collide, and settle. The app also allows the user to choose the number of dice to use, from one to five, and customize the appearance of the dice and the rolling surface. Fullpower’s MotionX Dice is available now as a free download from the App Store.
- Google Spotlight Stories, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX, Stupid Zombies 3 + more
- Microsoft releases email messaging app for iOS
- Apple blocks App Store reviews from users running iOS betas
- FastMail adds full support for push e-mail in iOS Mail
- AnyList, Coda 2, Navigon, Numix
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?