App Store Finds: PhoneSaber removed, FMTouch, ProRemote, PuzzLoop
The developers behind the popular iPhone and iPod touch application PhoneSaber have posted a statement regarding the app’s removal from the App Store. According to TheMacBox, they pulled the app at the request of THQ Wireless, which owns the rights for Star Wars apps on mobile phones. Their talks with THQ were friendly, however, and the devs write that “[t]hey want to do some sort of official, Star Wars branded version of PhoneSaber, and will be working with us on that one.” Release date and pricing information for the new version has yet to be revealed.
FMWebSchool has introduced its new FMTouch application, which allows users to deploy FileMaker Pro on an iPhone or iPod Touch. The app offers support for multiple databases, multiple related tables, layouts, portals and value lists, and allows users to add records, edit records, delete records, delete found sets, sort records, edit portal rows, search, find all records and use FileMaker generated runtimes. FMTouch requires FileMaker 8 or 9, and is now available through the App Store for $99.99.
Far Out Labs has announced the release of its new ProRemote applications, which allow iPhone and iPod touch users to control professional audio products such as Digidesign’s ProTools and Apple’s Logic Music production system using a proprietary protocol over a Wi-Fi network. It provides users with either eight channels (light edition) or 32 channels of remote control with real-time color metering and 40mm touch-sensitive virtual faders. The full version of also offers a dedicated transport view that allows the user to do audio scrubbing/shuttling, set markers, and control many advanced aspects of the transport as well as basic play, record, and return to zero. ProRemote Light Edition and ProRemote are both available now from the App Store, and sell for $39.99 and $149.99, respectively.
Hudson Soft has released its second iPhone/iPod touch game Puzzloop. First released as an arcade game in 1998, Puzzloop is a “looping puzzle” game in which players attempt to clear differently-colored balls from the game screen by shooting balls from a central position in hopes of connecting three or more of the same color. Puzzloop is available now from the App Store and sells for $7.99.
- iLife and iWork apps to be pre-installed on 64/128 GB iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: The Met, Iconic, Infinity Blade 1.4 + more
- The Room Three coming to iOS next spring
- Apple updates App Store Guidelines, reveals app rejection reasons
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels