App Store rejection poll ends, tablet poll begins
With nearly 2,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Has Apple’s handling of App Store rejections impacted your respect for the company?”—has ended. Choices including losing or gaining either a little or a lot of respect for the company, having the same amount of respect, or simply not having an opinion.
From our results, it seems Apple hasn’t done itself any favors with its App Store approval process, as more than half of responding readers said they have lost respect for the company over its rejection policies. A total of 51% indicated as much, with 27% saying that they have less respect for Apple now, while 24% said they have way less respect for the company. By comparison, 22% said they have the same amount of respect, while only 4% said they have more respect for Apple now, and a smaller group—3%—said they have way more respect for the company. Finally, 18% said they either didn’t have an opinion about the company or otherwise didn’t care. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the prospect of a second version of the iPod touch—one that was bigger, and not otherwise equipped with computing power. We’d like to know if you’d buy one if it was similar to an oversized iPod touch and lacked full computing functionality. Would you buy it with a 10-inch screen, or perhaps a 6 or 7-inch model? Or would you skip it, due to its lack of full computing power, or perhaps because it doesn’t have a physical keyboard, or due to some other hardware limitation? Our new poll, “Would you buy a oversized iPod touch with a larger screen if it lacked full computer functionality?” lets you answer that question. As always you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- AppleCare+ now covers battery replacement at 80% of original capacity
- Elton John, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Drake, St. Vincent, others to host Beats 1 shows
- Apps containing Confederate flag pulled from App Store
- Taylor Swift’s ‘1989’ album to stream on Apple Music
- Apple publishes detailed list of Siri HomeKit commands
- Apple to pay 0.2 cents per song during Apple Music free trial
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Monitors
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?