App Store rejection poll ends, tablet poll begins
With nearly 2,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Has Apple’s handling of App Store rejections impacted your respect for the company?”—has ended. Choices including losing or gaining either a little or a lot of respect for the company, having the same amount of respect, or simply not having an opinion.
From our results, it seems Apple hasn’t done itself any favors with its App Store approval process, as more than half of responding readers said they have lost respect for the company over its rejection policies. A total of 51% indicated as much, with 27% saying that they have less respect for Apple now, while 24% said they have way less respect for the company. By comparison, 22% said they have the same amount of respect, while only 4% said they have more respect for Apple now, and a smaller group—3%—said they have way more respect for the company. Finally, 18% said they either didn’t have an opinion about the company or otherwise didn’t care. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the prospect of a second version of the iPod touch—one that was bigger, and not otherwise equipped with computing power. We’d like to know if you’d buy one if it was similar to an oversized iPod touch and lacked full computing functionality. Would you buy it with a 10-inch screen, or perhaps a 6 or 7-inch model? Or would you skip it, due to its lack of full computing power, or perhaps because it doesn’t have a physical keyboard, or due to some other hardware limitation? Our new poll, “Would you buy a oversized iPod touch with a larger screen if it lacked full computer functionality?” lets you answer that question. As always you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Spotify penalizing artists who release Apple Music exclusives [Update: Spotify responds]
- Apple releases new round of iOS 10 and tvOS 10 betas
- Report: 2017 iPhone to eliminate home button
- Apple to add payment technology to iPhone for transit passes, Apple Pay in Japan
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- Western Digital My Cloud (OS 3)
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app