App Store rejection poll ends, tablet poll begins
With nearly 2,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Has Apple’s handling of App Store rejections impacted your respect for the company?”—has ended. Choices including losing or gaining either a little or a lot of respect for the company, having the same amount of respect, or simply not having an opinion.
From our results, it seems Apple hasn’t done itself any favors with its App Store approval process, as more than half of responding readers said they have lost respect for the company over its rejection policies. A total of 51% indicated as much, with 27% saying that they have less respect for Apple now, while 24% said they have way less respect for the company. By comparison, 22% said they have the same amount of respect, while only 4% said they have more respect for Apple now, and a smaller group—3%—said they have way more respect for the company. Finally, 18% said they either didn’t have an opinion about the company or otherwise didn’t care. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the prospect of a second version of the iPod touch—one that was bigger, and not otherwise equipped with computing power. We’d like to know if you’d buy one if it was similar to an oversized iPod touch and lacked full computing functionality. Would you buy it with a 10-inch screen, or perhaps a 6 or 7-inch model? Or would you skip it, due to its lack of full computing power, or perhaps because it doesn’t have a physical keyboard, or due to some other hardware limitation? Our new poll, “Would you buy a oversized iPod touch with a larger screen if it lacked full computer functionality?” lets you answer that question. As always you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Report: Apple pursuing studio agreements for early movie rentals
- Apple releases seventh beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple makes its picks for best iPhone, iPad and Apple TV apps of 2016
- Apple acknowledges Apple Music now includes ‘all the benefits of iTunes Match’
- Apple Music tops 20 million subscribers
- Apple blames ‘external factors’ for iPhone fires in China
- Rumor: 2017 iPhones won’t include glass chassis or wireless charging; will add red color
- Top Apple supplier Foxconn planning U.S. investment
- Apple enables Single Sign-On across all iOS 10 and tvOS 10 devices
- Apple releases fifth beta for tvOS 10.1 to developers
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Sen.se GuardPeanut
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Scosche BoomBottle H2O+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Thermos Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10