Apple acknowledges iTunes 9 iPod sync issues | iLounge News

Apple acknowledges iTunes 9 iPod sync issues

Apple has belatedly acknowledged a number of sync issues with iTunes and Click Wheel iPod models that users have been experiencing since the initial release of iTunes 9 in September. Following the release of iTunes 9, a number of iLounge readers have reported problems with their iPods not being recognized by iTunes, extremely slow syncs and iTunes crashing during sync. Although iPod classic users seem to be most affected by these issues, it appears that iPod nano users have also experienced similar problems. Apple had previously provided no comment, but has now confirmed that it is “aware of the issue and are investigating.” (via AppleInsider)

« iPodweek coming shortly, still time to sign up

Apple countersues Nokia for 13 alleged patent infringements »

Comments

got a nano 6th gen - my first ever ipod - and cannot get it to sync with itunes.. the error message says that it detects an ipod but cannot identify it.. wot the????? i have tried everything that apple suggests to fix the problem but nothing works.. I am fed up with the amount of time i have wasted on this. i have browsed countless forums on the topic and discovered that i am not alone - far from it- with this particular “challenge” you’d think apple would get its act together once and for all… eh what??

Posted by Lucinda on January 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM (CST)

I had issues w/ my classic getting stuck in the sync mode to the point that iTnes stopped functioning and I had to use task manager to shut it down. After hours of experiencing the same issue I found that the latest release of iTunes has a folder for apps. I found 4 apps in there that I did not download and they would not open when I clicked on the Icon. I deleted the Icons and sync was then successful. I had however recently purchased an IPAD for my wife and download 4 free apps for her using the same account I use for my IPOD. For some reason the 4 icons for those 4 apps showed up in iTunes with my IPOD connected to my laptop. So was that the issue all along? The sync issue occurred the 1st time I tried to sync (2 days) after downloading the apps to the IPAD.

Posted by Guy W. Suesz on January 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM (CST)

My Ipod would not sync, or rather, specifically, if I added some music to Itunes, then tried to sync to get them on my Ipod 160, I’d get an error saying I cannot download to it. But just now, by poking around, I bypassed that problem. First, I clicked on the ipod on my screen, then wen to get info in the finder. I made sure under ownership and permission I could read and write, and I also unclicked the ignore ownership box. I’m not saying this helped. I telling you what I did just before I got my IPOD to start downloading again. It just finished adding 177 new tunes just now. I went to my Ipod in the left blue column of Itunes, (under Devices) and clicked on the far right arrow icon. ONe time I did it and all the albums appeared as big icons on the right screen. Now when I do it, it basically ejects the Ipod, as it icons disappears from the left displays areas, and also it’s image on my desktop disappears. The screen goes dark on my Ipod. I do not disconnect. I shut down itunes and reopen it. Most of the time, but not every time, the ipod will reappear under devices again and on the desktop, and the screen will light up again. If your Ipod does not appear in the left blue column, etc., then close itunes and start it up again. Now, hopefully your Ipod is back. Your little screen is lit up again and your IPOD is also on your desktop. Go to the right window after you click on the IPOD’s name in the left blue column and select music in the row of selections that includes summary, music, movies, tv shows, etc. Hit sync. Lemme know what happens. Usually whatever new music you clicked on before that refused to download is still clicked on.

Posted by dre on February 5, 2011 at 6:02 AM (CST)

Hello all I hope someone has a fix for my ipod.It is a 160gb classic bought 2 years ago.the problem is with the playing of tracks from my album folder,( which I might add are from store bought,not itunes,CD’s.)Ok the problem is that when i go to play an album it will play the first 2 tracks and then go to track 6,without playing.I thought shuffle mode was inadvertently on,but no.From track 2 you cannot forward to track 3 or any track of chosen album.It will only backtrack from 7 but will still not play.All video clips play singularly which is bearable but I can’t play albums.Anybody else have this problem and is there a fix without a full reload?Thanks George.

Posted by george_oz on February 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM (CST)

After fixing an issue in my library that created duplicated for all my music, I cleaned up the library in iTunes. It is perfect. The problem is, after wiping my iTunes clean and relaoding it, when I sync to my 160GB classis, only 13GB of my music copies to my iPod. My master library shows 11051 songs/52.3GB, when connected the music folder for my iPod shows 2421 songs/12.92 GB and the iPod itself shows less than than. After synch, if I scroll through the artist list on my ipod, they list A to L and then it skips all the artists from L to W.  Can anybody help??

Posted by Mark on February 21, 2011 at 7:59 AM (CST)

I too now have iPod issue. The last time I added songs was around September 2010. It worked fine, but then last week I added some more playlists but during sync it seems to delete random songs from other playlists.

I have done reinstalls and resets but to no avail.
How come now it ‘magically’ doesn’t work properly? Was it the last iTunes update that screwed it up?

Im not sure how hard it is to get the program to simple copy the files from iTunes on to the iPod. LOL!

Posted by Rivke on February 25, 2011 at 3:46 AM (CST)

I plugged in my Ipod touch to update it and it removed all of my music did not update and it left all my apps and Pics, thank GOD but now I can not sync all my music back to my Ipod.  Help!!! What do I do.  I am afraid if I uninstall and reinstall itunes or reset my Ipod I will lose all of my progress on my apps.  It also still say you must have internet access to do whatever.  Hello I have internet access.  Itunes really sucks and I am so frustrated.

Posted by Juanita on March 7, 2011 at 12:06 PM (CST)

My Ipod Nano decides not to sync 100 random songs.  What’s most frustrating is that the songs are totally random, and in some cases I’ll have one song that I didn’t have the last time I sync’ed it.  Pretty angering.  anyone else have these problems?

Posted by Ramzi on March 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM (CDT)

Bought a gen 4 iPod Touch back in November and had too many frustrations trying to sync it to iTunes on my two windows laptops.  Apple upgraded my system to iTunes 10.2.1.1 and now neither of them won’t sync to it at all.  Windows can detect the device in the USB port but iTunes ignores it. I have pictures and videos I want to dump off my iPod and sync more music to it!  If this is Apple’s way of pushing consumers from Windows to Mac, it ain’t working!!!

Posted by mec.honeypot on April 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM (CDT)

had the same problem with syncing….frustrating!

Posted by Angeline Bakkila on October 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM (CDT)

Since I updated my Itunes to vrsion 9 my classic won’t sync at all. Apple should get off their ass and get a patch to repair this problem!!!!

Posted by sittingbird on November 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM (CST)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3