Apple adds iPhone sensor, dock, YouTube details to site
In a series of updates to the Apple.com website, Apple has added additional details about several iPhone features, including the device’s YouTube browser, sensors, and Dock. A QuickTour video clip of the YouTube browser shows a decidedly different interface on iPhone from the one released this morning for Apple TV, with the ability to bookmark and e-mail YouTube clips directly from the Now Playing screen. A full Bookmarks screen full of previously saved YouTube clips can be seen, and each video can be selected to view an expanded text description, related videos, and a simple “Share” button. Apple has also added a demonstration of the device’s Accelerometer sensor, which tracks the phone’s rotation from horizontal to vertical display modes, to a previous video of the device’s Proximity sensor, which turns the phone’s touch controls off when it approaches your face.
New shots of the iPhone Dock, previously announced in January, have also materialized in the iPhone Gallery, depicting the unusually shaped charging station’s side and 3/4 front profiles. Selected images from the new iPhone pages can be seen below.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?