Apple and Target team up with iTunes gift cards | iLounge News

Apple and Target team up with iTunes gift cards

picOne of our readers has submitted evidence of a new partnership between Apple and Target stores, resulting in $15 Gift Cards to purchase music from the iTunes Music Store. The new promotion is expected to start on Sunday, February 15.

pic
“Here’s the card, with both the Target and Apple logos on the front. The back has the typical barcode and code number that must be scanned at the checkout.”

pic
“This is what my hand scanner had to say about it. It is active, but does not have a set location on the sales floor yet. Set to be put on sales floor on Sunday, Feb 15, 2004. The POG # is the sales floor Plan-O-Gram, and may be traceable to individual stores, so I smudged it out.”

« DLO announces pre-order for new iPod mini accessories

More on iPod eBay scams »

Comments

Wow, I wonder who else Apple has under their sleeves?

Posted by narco in Burbank on February 12, 2004 at 12:36 PM (CST)

YES, today at work i did some digging around in our backroom (Using the DPCI on your LRT) and we too have them active and to be set on the 15! My Target store is in Florida.

Posted by Target Employee on February 12, 2004 at 12:51 PM (CST)

I’ll check it out tonight here in VA.

Posted by another target employee on February 12, 2004 at 12:55 PM (CST)

Looks like we be gettin’ Target iTunes giftcards soon…(Target must be pronounced “Tarjay”)

Posted by mongoos150 on February 12, 2004 at 12:56 PM (CST)

could it be possible there being put out in conjuction with the mini’s?

Posted by Iown24ipods in SF on February 12, 2004 at 1:08 PM (CST)

It’s a good idea. Napster has had these types of gift cards at best buy for at least a month now I think.

Posted by digitaltrapper on February 12, 2004 at 1:12 PM (CST)

I work at a store here in Pittsburgh.  I saw the boxes for the store displays in our backroom a couple days ago.  If that date is right in the hand scanner (yeah, I know - its called a PDT) and it will be sold starting on Sunday, I can’t imagine that it would not be included in this Sunday’s ad circular.  Now if only they would start selling some iPod accessories…

Posted by yo$$arian on February 12, 2004 at 1:32 PM (CST)

I wonder if you Targ

Posted by Curious George on February 12, 2004 at 1:46 PM (CST)

Target does sell a few generic accessories including a version of the iRock that costs only 20 bucks.  It is called something else (I assume so that people will use it with other mp3 players), but it is as far as I can tell identical to the original iRock models.  I just wish (hope, dream) that Target would start selling the iTrip.  I need them to be in front of me so that I can make a proper impulse buy…

Posted by ptd on February 12, 2004 at 1:46 PM (CST)

Next thing you know and Apple will be teaming up with some corporate monster like Pepsi…

Posted by jason on February 12, 2004 at 1:46 PM (CST)

Yeah, Pepsi. I dread the day. I prefer they do Coke.

Posted by Agent Orange on February 12, 2004 at 1:51 PM (CST)

wtf.. doesnt Coke own something like 70% market share? I thought the purpose was to avoid big brother.. not partner up because u like Coke better than Pepsi

Posted by davy on February 12, 2004 at 2:06 PM (CST)

I have it on good source that Target is launching a whole new marketing program on the iPods and such this weekend.
Should be fun to see. Accessories and an endcap.
I hope the have the marware cases, they ROCK!

Posted by iPod Accy on February 12, 2004 at 2:10 PM (CST)

“Yeah, Pepsi. I dread the day. I prefer they do Coke.”

-You are aware that Coke is slang for cocaine? I don’t know if I want Apple doing cocaine, Micro$oft is another story…..

Posted by Dan on February 12, 2004 at 2:11 PM (CST)

Yes, Curious George, we do get 10% anythink we buy, so we would get a song and a half for free.  When I go into work tonight im going to get the Ad for next week and see if its printed.  If I recall, 3 of our LODs have iPods and use them regularly.  ^^

Posted by Target Employee on February 12, 2004 at 2:15 PM (CST)

This iPod rocket is not decelerating anytime soon.

Posted by stingerman on February 12, 2004 at 2:16 PM (CST)

i wouldn’t mind having an iTrip fall out of my 1$ pepsi can

Posted by Nizzle in Canada on February 12, 2004 at 2:18 PM (CST)

Hey! Don’t knock cocaine! If it was good enough for the Pope, Sherlock Holmes, Freud, and Shakespeare, it’s good enough for me!

You *do* know that Coca-Cola was a cheap US knock-off of an expensive wine+cocaine drink called “Vin Mariani”? First the prohibitionists forced them to remove the wine, then a generation later forced them to remove the cocaine.

Posted by CocaGal on February 12, 2004 at 2:22 PM (CST)

The Target here in Fresno, CA has been selling them for more than a week now. I first spotted them the day after the superbowl…

jeff stiefer
jeffro.org

Posted by jeff on February 12, 2004 at 2:29 PM (CST)

Why is Walmart and K-Mark always filled with WhiteTrash… and Target always has alot of really cute girls shopping in there.

Posted by mingisback on February 12, 2004 at 2:29 PM (CST)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >