Apple and Target team up with iTunes gift cards | iLounge News

Apple and Target team up with iTunes gift cards

picOne of our readers has submitted evidence of a new partnership between Apple and Target stores, resulting in $15 Gift Cards to purchase music from the iTunes Music Store. The new promotion is expected to start on Sunday, February 15.

pic
“Here’s the card, with both the Target and Apple logos on the front. The back has the typical barcode and code number that must be scanned at the checkout.”

pic
“This is what my hand scanner had to say about it. It is active, but does not have a set location on the sales floor yet. Set to be put on sales floor on Sunday, Feb 15, 2004. The POG # is the sales floor Plan-O-Gram, and may be traceable to individual stores, so I smudged it out.”

« DLO announces pre-order for new iPod mini accessories

More on iPod eBay scams »

Comments

Not only do I work there, but so does my G/F!

Posted by Target Employee on February 12, 2004 at 2:40 PM (CST)

Target r0z0rz teh b0x0rz/sox0rz!

Posted by Mr.Sneis on February 12, 2004 at 2:54 PM (CST)

Can these gift cards be used by someone outside of the U.S. to purchase music from the iTunes store?

Posted by Ludor on February 12, 2004 at 2:57 PM (CST)

Target should carry an exclusive Target-red Mini. Now that would be cool.

Posted by grandmasterfunk on February 12, 2004 at 3:33 PM (CST)

Err, uhh, did I miss it or does it say what the deal is?  Fifteen songs for fifteen bucks?

Posted by Pete LaV on February 12, 2004 at 3:53 PM (CST)

The deal is purchase and download $15 worth of songs from the iTunes Music Store.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on February 12, 2004 at 4:11 PM (CST)

I see my pics made it here. :)

I also noticed we have several iPod docks and FireWire cables in our back room, strange since the iPod itself has been missing from our displays over the last few weeks.

Posted by MovingTarget on February 12, 2004 at 4:13 PM (CST)

Well, if you hate Pepsi, but want your 1-in-3 chance at a free song, go to 7-11.  hey have Big Gulp cups with codes on them, and you can fill them with any fountain drink, including Coke!

Posted by Ed H. on February 12, 2004 at 4:34 PM (CST)

OMIGOD!!! TOTTALLY GETTING THESE FOR PEOPLE.

Posted by enjoilax on February 12, 2004 at 5:30 PM (CST)

just got back from work and checked our spring sales handbook, and yes listed was an apple iPod endcap.  We also have a lot of ipod and accessories in the back room. so it looks promising!

Posted by Target Employee on February 12, 2004 at 6:07 PM (CST)

““Yeah, Pepsi. I dread the day. I prefer they do Coke.”

-You are aware that Coke is slang for cocaine? I don’t know if I want Apple doing cocaine, Micro$oft is another story…..”

-You are aware that is the stupidest comment I ever read.

Posted by Atomic Bomb on February 12, 2004 at 6:58 PM (CST)

Ahh, cool. I’ll have to jot down that DPCI and see if there are any backroom locations on the cards Saturday at work, can’t wait to see em.

I work in backroom, mainly evenings so most of the new POG stuff is already put away and backstocked when I get there, so I haven’t seen these yet.

But a iPod endcap doesn’t suprise me at all, I’ve seen all sorts of iPods coming in, I know over at the electronics boat, there’s a locked up drawer full of cables and docks.

Posted by Todd on February 12, 2004 at 6:58 PM (CST)

word todd, its cool when you have a bunch of Target employees talking their super secret target chat! w00t!
Im the Level 2 Electronics supervisor down here in Florida.  We have like 4 of each of the models locked up in the electrocnics lockup in the back.  Its funny because we clearenced some iPods out like 2 weeks ago, but now this!

Posted by Target Employee on February 12, 2004 at 7:33 PM (CST)

Fresno,CA
Really Cool!!!!!!
I live there i’m will go get one tomorrow

Posted by Bob-man on February 12, 2004 at 7:33 PM (CST)

Yeah Todd.. I work overnights and just happened to notice them sitting in one of the wacos in the lockup while I was finishing up the electronics pull.

Haven’t seen any of the iPods there yet, but as I mentioned before, I’m seeing accessories starting to pop up.

Posted by MovingTarget on February 12, 2004 at 7:42 PM (CST)

Wow, this story is mention on the Macrumors.com site with a link to the iPodlounge. Breaking news now, hu?

Posted by narco in Burbank on February 12, 2004 at 8:43 PM (CST)

You do know that Coke really used to have cocaine, right? That’s where it got its name…

Posted by Jonathan R. Schalliol on February 12, 2004 at 9:04 PM (CST)

The Target in Alexandria, Virginia (Jefferson Davis Highway) had these for sale the weekend after the Superbowl. I saw them while shopping for iTunes-branded Pepsi bottles.

Posted by Chris VandeVenter on February 12, 2004 at 9:13 PM (CST)

Our store has had the iTunes prepaid cards out for over two week on the new releases endcap.  We have green ones and blue ones.

Posted by Appletarget on February 12, 2004 at 9:40 PM (CST)

napster has been doing this for a while

Posted by zeve on February 12, 2004 at 9:52 PM (CST)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >