Apple and Target team up with iTunes gift cards | iLounge News

Apple and Target team up with iTunes gift cards

picOne of our readers has submitted evidence of a new partnership between Apple and Target stores, resulting in $15 Gift Cards to purchase music from the iTunes Music Store. The new promotion is expected to start on Sunday, February 15.

pic
“Here’s the card, with both the Target and Apple logos on the front. The back has the typical barcode and code number that must be scanned at the checkout.”

pic
“This is what my hand scanner had to say about it. It is active, but does not have a set location on the sales floor yet. Set to be put on sales floor on Sunday, Feb 15, 2004. The POG # is the sales floor Plan-O-Gram, and may be traceable to individual stores, so I smudged it out.”

« DLO announces pre-order for new iPod mini accessories

More on iPod eBay scams »

Comments

This is very very cool.  I will definitely have to get one of these GiftCards when they come to my store.  (Hopefully on sunday)  I’ll have to look up the DPCI tomorrow to find out the release date.  Also, I am not sure if Target Team Members will get a 10% off of the iTunes cards, Target Employee.  Do remember, Team Members don’t get 10% off of Target GiftCards.  And this is a GiftCard.  But it would be freakin’ awesome if we do get 10%.  We will just have to see.

Posted by Cart Attendant on February 12, 2004 at 10:47 PM (CST)

$15, eh?

If songs are $.99, what do you do with the $.15?

First gift card expire, now they don’t round off.  Nice.

Posted by iMichael on February 13, 2004 at 8:29 AM (CST)

Actually Michael, our giftcards never expire, second, im sure that you can credit the .15 towards the purchase of another song, so its only .84 cents.

Posted by Target Employee on February 13, 2004 at 9:46 AM (CST)

When buying via CC on ITMS I’m charged tax, when using a Pepsi cap, it’s simply a credit. Will the Card be a credit for 15 songs or for $15 meaning 13 or 14 songs, plus tax?

Posted by machead91 on February 13, 2004 at 11:02 AM (CST)

I was just at my local Target and saw an end-cap display PROMINENTLY located in the electronics department advertising iPod and “coming soon” iPod mini’s.  It was a very nice looking display.  They did not have any units out on display (for the minis, especially obviously), but they had a wide variety of apple accessories (docks/cables),Belkin accessories (FM transmitters/cables), and iPod-targeted headphones (don’t remember brand).  Obviously this will be for the big rollout on Sunday.

Posted by Steve on February 13, 2004 at 5:23 PM (CST)

Ok i just set the endcap today at our store, the display is a nice one, we have the car adapeter, cassete adapter, FM transmitter, RCA cable, Y-splitter, leather and neoprene sports case, Apple dock, apple firewire cable, Phillips portable speakers, phillips noise canceling headphones and phillips virtual surround headphones (white of course).  Overall it looks like a lot of good ‘ish.

Posted by Target Employee on February 14, 2004 at 2:32 PM (CST)

forgot to mention above all the accessories are Belkin brand

Posted by Target Employee on February 14, 2004 at 2:32 PM (CST)

If you go to targets website all the mini’s are there

Posted by Bruce on February 14, 2004 at 7:29 PM (CST)

Target Employee,

“Prepaid cards expire two years from date of issuance with exceptions in some states.” -from iPodlounge.

Not to make a big deal out of it, I was just commenting on everyone’s seeming love of slighting us consumers.  As an earlier post mentioned, it should be ‘credits,’ not dollar value.

I suppose it’s just the old economy meeting the new; Target couldn’t imagine selling $14.83 (or whatever) cards.

Posted by iMichael on February 15, 2004 at 11:41 AM (CST)

I just hope they’re easier to find than the Pepsi/ITMS bottles.

Posted by Steven Georges on February 15, 2004 at 12:35 PM (CST)

Well, I bought two for my dad today.  The experience was not particularly good.

i went to the target on Hillsdale in San Jose, seeing an iPod end cap.  I didn’t see the cards, so i asked the employee at the counter.  He said they never got “hangers” for the cards, so they haven’t yet put them out.  He called on the radio to a guy asking where they were.  No one could find them after 10 minutes of looking!!  So, not happy, I left and went about 6 miles to the one >1/4 of a mile from Infinite Loop in Cupertino (Stevens Creek).  They had no iPod end cap that I could see and I asked the guy about the cards.  He said he had them, they were in a drawer.  So he pulled out a couple and I bought them.  He rang them up and I was charged the 8.25% sales tax, which made me uneasy.

Most gift cards don’t come with tax, and they assume you’ll pay for it on whatever you want to buy from the card.  So, i assume that there won’t be any tax when he purchases items and he’ll be left with 30

Posted by Jonathan R. Schalliol on February 15, 2004 at 4:40 PM (CST)

i’m from toronto, and i went to the target in niagara falls NY and low and behold, the cards were really there…and for anybody that lives outside of the US reading this…especially canadians, the cards do in fact work.  But only if you give them an American billing address.  Maybe you can type in the full address of the Target store you bought them at..hehe…that might work…
i bought a bunch of bottles of pepsi and sierra mist…and i got credits for the free songs too… in this case, they didn’t even ask for address, just your birthday.

so all y’all canuckians better head to your nearest target and scoop up as many pepsi bottles as u can…btw…their bottles were 1.09 there, which roughly converts to 1.44 CAN.  The bottles are actaully cheaper in the states…you save anywhere from 5-15 cents..hahaha….double bonus..! awesome.

Posted by mike on February 17, 2004 at 10:35 PM (CST)

When can we start buying them?

Posted by FabuTee in Bronx, NY on February 20, 2004 at 6:58 PM (CST)

You already can, if you read above, I bought two on the 15th (the 1st date).

Posted by Jonathan R. Schalliol on February 20, 2004 at 10:03 PM (CST)

golly gosh i cannot believe it this is so cool i cannot wait to tell my boyfriend ryan lamm about this

Posted by Matt Herbe on September 6, 2004 at 4:13 PM (CDT)

were can u get iCleaner besides online

Posted by Dana on November 13, 2005 at 4:57 PM (CST)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3